Thursday, June 14, 2012

Foot Surgery {1}



I'm not really sure if all of you knew this but I had surgery November 2010 on my left foot. The procedure (medical terms) was a bunionectomy. I seriously thought that only only old people had bunions lol. No offense.

Well...as much as I hate to admit...I was so wrong. I had a bunion on (in) my left foot. 

Terrible pain. Right before I had surgery I had to stop wearing closed shoes. All I could wear where flip flops. It was terrible.



Here are some photos:

{they aren't that gruesome}




the x-ray that determined my fate... my bone shifted quite a bit to the right causing the pain



My poor foot!

They went in and surgically broke 3 bones and put in 2 pins. All better...NOT.

The pain from this surgery was so much worse than my c-sections.

The doctor told me it was normal for my foot to swell through the first year after surgery. Well..It's been more than a year. My foot is a little swollen everyday. Not noticeable but I can feel it throughout the bottom of my foot. This gets worse especially if I go running. I can only run a few miles right now. I fear any longer of a distance right now.

This morning I noticed it was swollen throughout the top of my foot. Which is no good. I went for an 8 mile bike ride today and came home to an even more swollen foot. I figured if I wasn't running it would be alright. Wrong again.

I called the doctor and they want to see me on Friday.


Please pray for my foot as weird as that sounds. I seriously just had two major surgeries in two years!

Well. I am crossing my fingers that this will be an easy fix.

Love you all!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished