Saturday, June 2, 2012

SIX MONTHS







Morgan Elaine








* Six Months *





*****{ STATS }*****

                                                           
 14 pounds 7 oz

24 1/2 inches long

size: 6-9 months

You very quickly outgrew your 3-6 month clothing. As a matter of fact...you didn't even wear all the clothes we had for you. That's how fast you decided to grow this month. When I was looking for all of your 6-9 month clothing I found more 3-6 month clothing hanging in your closet. I thought to myself...why? Why didn't I see these? 

You are in size 2 diapers. Quickly approaching size 3

*****{ HEALTH & DIET }***** 

You are very healthy. You actually haven't been sick yet. {knocking on wood}. The eye goo deal went away on its own. Thank goodness. I wouldn't have wanted them to put a catheter in your tear duct!

You eat very very well my little girl. Right now you are eating {almost} on a regular schedule. Breakfast, lunch and dinner - baby food. Then you have juice and formula in between.

I decided at the beginning of the month to make you your baby food. It was actually really fun. I made you :

carrots
peas
sweet potatoes
rice cereal/apples
applesauce
oatmeal/bananas
mashed potatoes
beans

Homemade baby food is so much cheaper. BUT it's not as convenient. I have to defrost your food or set it out the night before. Sometimes I do wish I had a few extra Gerbers in the cabinet BUT I have been very good about not buying any lately. We've saved a ton making you your food at home.

A picture to remember my experience making homemade baby food :




You really really like food Morgan. Most babies do. You have definitely gotten chunky since you have been eating a full time diet of real FOOD!

Just the other day you had your taste of real scrambled eggs! You weren't too sure about them.




                                                           *****{ SCHEDULE }*****     



Your schedule is right on the money. You wake up when I wake you up. Usually around 8am. Then you take a morning nap, afternoon nap, late evening nap. After your last meal and bottle you go to bed around 8pm. Sometimes 9 if your lucky enough to snuggle with mommy and/or daddy before we hit the sack :)

It's been months since you have awaken in the middle of the night. I don't worry as much about you anymore. You are a sound sleeper!!



*****{ FIRSTS }*****

Your first attempt at sitting up unassisted:












almost Morgan...almost!

we tried a few more times and you ended up getting the hang of it. She you sit up alone (after being placed in position)

Your first time sitting up unassisted! 



*****{ MOMMY'S FAVORITE THINGS THIS MONTH }*****

I really love watching you rock back and forth on your knees. It's driving me absolutely crazy thinking that I am going to miss your first crawl. 

I love the way you smile at me. It's a special little smile you give ONLY me {lol} and your eyes sparkle and twinkle. I LOVE IT!

~mommy



                          *****{ DADDY'S FAVORITE THINGS THIS MONTH }*****                        


I enjoy watching your face when you see/try new things.  Everything around you is new and interesting but the best is when you try a new food.  Oh, by the way... you don't enjoy BBQ sauce.  YET, anyway.


*****{ WHAT WE MISS }*****

I don't miss a thing. O.K. I do. I miss you being so tiny! I think I already said that once.... 

~mommy

*****{ A LITTLE ABOUT YOU }*****

Goodness. You like to move. You are definitely on the go. This particular day you got yourself stuck underneath your swing. We have no idea how you got there either.




You play very well alone. You are so independent and I love that about you. I rarely HAVE to hold you. You sit on your play mat and play, play, play all day long. 

You love bath time. You lean over your little bath seat and watch me play with the water. Sometimes I try to imagine what you are thinking.

You love to eat. You love food. I'm glad you haven't spit any out at me yet.


You don't really enjoy snuggling all that much anymore. You would rather be left alone to play. You do like my sweet kisses still. Sometimes I have to sneak up on you and kiss you all over to get my kicks for the day!


You are starting to do the rock! We know that crawling is right around the corner.



You are also getting around pretty well. No crawling yet but soon...very soon





Your messy when you eat.  You are finally living up to your initials. MES!!!


*****{ A LITTLE ABOUT MOMMY }*****

Mommy is so full time that I couldn't go anymore full time than I am. 

I'm behind then I'm caught up. Then I'm behind and then I'm caught up. I don't mind one second of it either.

My hectic life...it's hard...it gets complicated...it gets stressful...and I wouldn't change it for the world.


*****{ A LITTLE ABOUT DADDY }*****


Daddy is on a new schedule at work. He works 8 days on and gets 6 straight days off! More time to spend with the family. It's like his little prayer was answered. I think I really like having daddy home knowing he isn't going anywhere!


*****{ YOUR BIG BROTHERS }*****

They absolutely love you Morgan. They still fight over you everyday. Colten is the oldest so he has more pull than Tyler when it comes to holding you and picking you up but eventually they will both be stealing you from me.





*****{  PHOTOS FROM THIS MONTH } *****

{ May 2 }
{ May 4 }

{ May 16 }




{ May 20 }

{ May 26 }


We Love you Morgan!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished