Friday, November 4, 2011

Counting Down - 4weeks



4 weeks until we meet Ladybug


Do I really only have 4 weeks left until this precious miracle comes into our lives? I'm stoked and scared all in one.

Kale and I had our hospital tour last night. I walked the halls of this new place where I would be delivering with goose bumps covering my arms. I'm terrified and overjoyed.  We were able to see the surgery wing, the room in which we would be staying, the nursery, the NICU, the food court, and the cute little boutiques. 

I wish I would have noticed the boutiques. All I could think about was this upcoming surgery. After my fear of surgery dissipated, I kept thinking about how small and tiny and cute my little Ladybug would be.  

I asked Kale if he was ready for this. He said, "I don't think I will ever be ready". I couldn't agree more. 

This pregnancy has definitely gone faster than I expected. Sometimes it seems as if I have been pregnant forever, then I look at the calendar and time has flown by so quickly. It seems just yesterday I was only 4 months pregnant on a houseboat enjoying the sunshine. Now I am having a baby this month. 



My thoughts this week:

I really am not looking forward to this surgery BUT it's the only way.

I am so glad I have Kale! He is so supportive. He comforts me until no end. He tells me only positive things when I am down and makes me laugh all the time.

Am I really going to have 3 children? WOW. This is amazing. I have (almost) 3 beautiful children! What a gift from GOD.

Will I be able to handle all 3 kids? Sure! I handled two and I am positive I will be able to handle 3. Will it be easy? NO. I already know the challenges that lie ahead of me today. 

Will this experience bring me closer to HIM? I hope so. I have been doing a lot of praying lately. For one of the first times last night I saw Kale bow his head to the Lord and pray. I have no idea what he was praying but I guess I don't need to. This is normal for Kale while we are in church. He does this a LOT. But at home...very rare and surprising.

Am I really ready? No. But my body is !!!

My ribs are NOT a punching bag Ladybug.

I am so thankful today for all the wonderful family and friends I have in my life. I cherish all the gifts, support, and LOVE that comes my way. This is truly a remarkable month in my life and Kale's life too I am sure. This is the last month we will be a family of 4!

WE love you all.


















2 comments :

  1. Yes, it's hard to believe your little lady bug is almost here, but I know how long you've wanted her. I'm so happy for you both. She will make such a beautiful addition to your family of 4. The boys will be a huge help too, I'm sure. Yes, it will be alot to handle with 3 kids but I know you'll be fine and do great. With all that energy you have naturally, you'll be super mom. They are lucky to have such a wonderful and caring mom. You'll also have the help of an awesome husband, family, & friends. I'm here if you need ANYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth - Thank you so much. I so can't wait to meet her. Thank you for everything you do girl! Your friendship is a blessing! I love that I will have so much support when she comes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished