Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Prune- Baby Shank 10 Weeks

We have had a lot going on this last week. Between the house, kids, baby, and school.
I guess I  will start with Baby Shank:


Kale and I spent the day together this last Friday. It was really great to be able to spend time with Kale. He works so much and so hard to provide for our family. He is truly a great husband and wonderful father. The Lord has truly blessed our lives. We have decided as far as baby Shank is concerned that we were going to set a small budget amount to spend on baby every two weeks until baby arrives. So we went and did some shopping. We purchased:


  • A pack of white onesies
  • Diaper Genie
  • Brush and Comb Combo
  • Nail Clippers
  • Nasal Aspirator
  • Digital pacifier Thermometer
  • 3 pairs of white socks
We had so much fun just purchasing some small items. We looked at so many other items we are dying to purchase for baby but right now we just can't. We don't know the gender. We won't find out the gender until the first week of July. When we find out the gender we are going to start a baby registry. I can just see Kale and I running around with a scanner and picking out things for the baby. :) I can't wait!!!!




We have also decided on the furniture that Baby Shank will have. We have looked and looked and with the blessings of our parents donation :) here is the final pick :




This will be the Wall Unit. It's so adorable and will be so useful when it comes to storage. When we find out the gender, I plan on picking out some fabric and sewing the canvas totes myself. I can't wait to tackle the project. I have never sewn these totes before. So I will have to look up a tutorial online.


Here's the same unit but if it's a boy.






This is the closest picture I could find to match the dresser. The Dresser we chose is going to be 4 small drawers similar to the two small ones in this picture. So 4 small drawers on top and 3 long ones on the bottom.

These two items are being custom built hardwood and a solid white resin paint. It will be durable and long lasting. We didn't want to cheap this furniture simply because we have done this in the past and the furniture just doesn't last. We wanted to make it worth the money this time. Kempfs Custom Cabinets is creating these for us. The Wall Unit and Dresser will match as far as the style is concerned. I am truly so excited about this furniture.

We will purchase the crib to match these items from Pottery Barn Kids or Burlington Coat Factory. We are thinking a crib that converts into a toddler bed and then later into a twin bed. We wanted this furniture to grow with baby and last a while.


Mommy Update:    

10 Weeks and 1 Day Pregnant

Weight: Not really sure if I have gained anymore weight. I don't own a scale. I don't really want to know after the week I had with clothing items :) But, I am positive when I see my Doctor in a few weeks I will know what the damage is:)


How I am feeling: I am past the nausea Yay! What a ride that was. I am feeling really good and able to clean and do more around the house. I am the type of person who busts out my rags and mop every Saturday to thoroughly clean the house. This past few months have been a little depressing because I haven't been able to do that. Now that I am feeling better, I plan on doing a lot of cleaning and getting rid of things around the house with a small yard sale in two weeks. A little extra cash would be great right now.


I still have what I call "supernose". I can smell everything. The only downfall, when I walk by someone smoking I literally just want to vomit. I am not sure if it's because smoking is in my past or what. But I can't stand the smell of  cigg smoke or cigars. UGH! My ultimate goal is to NOT start smoking again after baby comes. Besides, I will be breastfeeding and know it's out of the question. I really don't want to ever start again.


School: I am finally finished with this semester in school. I passed my classes with 1 A, 1 B, and 1 C. Not very happy with the last two - especially the C. I had a very tough time with school this last few months. I didn't give it my all but I did do the very best I could with the nausea. Sitting in Math with the use of the Expo markers my instructor used made me so sick. I had to walk out of class several times on the verge of being sick. So, I gave it my very best and am just happy that I am done with the semester.


Maternity Clothes: I had a rough day last week as well. A few tears but I am o.k. now. I had gone shopping two weeks ago and purchased some shorts the next size up from what I was wearing. Two weeks later, I couldn't button them. Right where my jeans and shorts button is where Baby Shank is popping out! I went through my closet trying very hard to find something to wear. I couldn't fit my shirts because of my chest, and couldn't button my pants or shorts! Very sad for a day. I finally broke down and hit up Motherhood Maternity. Bought a really nice pair of small Maternity pants. I am now comfortable and I have accepted that this pregnancy is my 3rd. This pregnancy really hit me hard and fast. I just need to relax, not be so critical, and enjoy this pregnancy no matter my weight. Kale had to convince me of these things before I could convince myself. That's why I love him so much!


Sleep:  Sleeping is getting better. I am actually comfortable at night now. I wake up throughout the night constantly but just to reposition myself. Not because of baby ( he/she isn't big yet) but I have sore chest issues not that you wanted to know. I am not taking naps anymore thank goodness. I enjoy the occasional nap but when you can't do anything but sleep ugh, wasn't enjoying it very much. Now I am pretty o.k. on energy and don't feel the want to sleep.


What I miss: Nothing really comes to mind. I am finally off edge, have some energy, and not sick to my stomach constantly all day. I am happy to be a preggo and once I actually "look" pregnant, It will be even better.


What I am looking forward to: Looking forward to my next appointment on May 20.  I get to meet my Doctor and talk with her about Baby Shank's progress, health, and have some screening tests. I also get to hear the Baby's heartbeat again. I am thrilled and there is  nothing so wonderful than seeing or hearing your baby. I can't wait.


I am also looking forward to: taking my first belly pic! Right now you can see where Baby is popping out but not really through my clothes. Only if I hold my shirt up and pull my shorts right below my waist. I don't think my parents want to see all that so I am still waiting for the "pop". I can't wait!!! Honestly, I just look a chubby. :)




Baby Shank Update:


So baby is the size of a Prune now. It's a weird fruit or veggie! I log into the bump.com to get my progress updates. How cute is it to think of your baby's size by fruit or veggie!


My first two pregnancies I didn't really resource to the Internet. I just went to the Doctor's and had him give me updates. He never mentioned fruit though :) The Internet is full of all sorts of things when it comes to knowing how your little one is developing and growing. I love it.


I don't have really anymore to share unfortunately.


I love knowing that I am growing a little Shank though.




Daddy Update:


Kale continues to work with me. I have mood swings and all that jazz. He takes the punishment well. I think he has come to terms that if I get out of hand all he has to do is smile and love on me for a minute ( most times) and things are alright.


He has said hi to the baby through my stomach of course a few times. So have the kiddos. Tyler gave my stomach a hug last Friday before Kale took him to school. So cute. Every once in a while Kale will give my tummy a small quick rub.


Kale remains supportive, loving and caring. He has helped me out so much around the house. He continues to clean the kitchen which is one chore he absolutely does not wish to perform!
He takes care of kids most nights when it comes to bedtime. He is just such a good daddy to Tyler and step dad to Colten. I couldn't be more blessed than having Kale in my life and to be beside him growing and learning with him when it comes to marriage and the kids.















No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished