Friday, May 27, 2011

Shorts Makeover

I haven't sewn in probably 10 years. I mean it's been a while since I've taken time to sew. I had previously purchased a few pairs of shorts in attempt to wear them for a while. Well, pregnancy took over and I couldn't button them anymore. So, watching a few videos off the Internet, I saw some women taking their regular shorts and jeans and turning them into maternity wear. I thought o.k. I can do that. I haven't had the pleasure of testing out my new sewing machine yet. I figured I would give this a try. It was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. There was the zipper. I was like o.k. what do I do?

First, I cut a space for my belly. Which actually didn't work so well. I figured o.k. I will just cut the entire waistband out. Then I had to stitch rip the zipper. Then sew the seam where the zipper had been. Then all I had to do was sew the pockets closed and sew on the tank bottom that I had cut. The price for this project was $1.00. I bought a stretchy tank at goodwill for a buck. So I have shorts that I thought I wouldn't be able to wear again and now I can wear them for a while. I will have some fun making some more shorts for the summer out of shorts and capris I already have. Fun Fun...


before


After

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished