Friday, June 24, 2011

My Onion - Baby Shank Week 17

16 weeks and 6 days


Baby Shank Update:


Went to see my Doctor on Wednesday. My wait time is usually just a few minutes but this time it was longer than expected. My Doctor was delivering a baby. The nursery jingle song came on over the intercom. I wanted to cry knowing a cute little baby had just been born. Oh how emotional pregnancy can be!


We listened to Baby Shank's heart rate. It was at 130 BPM. 


 We get our ultrasound for gender on July 5, 2011. I threw a fit for my Doctor while I was there. I asked her to move my ultrasound up a few weeks. She said why? I said well, with both my boys I found out gender around 16 weeks of pregnancy. She told me I got lucky because they happen to have been boys. Well, ya know, if luck has it goin on the way I think it does, it will be another boy! So, can I PLEASE get my ultrasound I begged! She granted me my wish ( knowing it was just me and her in the room. Never mess with a pregnant lady seriously. You might loose an arm and your lunch money!!) I wasn't waiting until I was 21 weeks along to find out gender!


So she totally made my day. I can't wait!!

Then I will finally get to go SHOPPING and get started on some Baby Shank sewing projects!





Mommy Update:


  •  I finally have some weight gain to show for the food I have been eating! YEAH! I have gained 9 pounds since my last appointment. WOW! It's a really good thing Kale finally decided to join my gym membership because we have started hitting the gym TOGETHER.  We call this a "gym date".


  •   I had some of what I thought were small contractions over this last weekend. Scared me and I called my Doctor. She said as long as there was no bleeding, not to worry that I just needed to rest. She said that it could be baby shifting inside my uterus. I failed to believe that baby was big enough for me to feel  moving in that way but apparently I was wrong.


  • After enduring 3 long months of nausea, bloating, cramping, and fatigue, I am finally back to normal with some energy. The only problem? Feeling sick the minute I sit up out of bed. So I eat and I'm fine. Then an hour later it hits me again. I am sick to my stomach so I eat. Then I feel better. This is basically on the hour every hour.I eat very tiny but have to eat basically all day. I know baby isn't eating this food!!! LOL So, here you go 9 lbs I've gained. Have some more!!! Sooner or later I am bound to be hit with the BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. Thanks C.J. and Kurt for making the memory of how fat my BUTT was with Tyler so memorable and sweet !!! Ready for Round #2???? Calling all Takers!


  •  Sometimes I wear maternity clothes. I still wear all of my t-shirts, comfy shorts, pajamas, and things like that. I have had to purchase a few things but extreme shopping for maternity clothes hasn't kicked in yet. A month ago I thought for sure I was doomed but my stomach isn't so bloated anymore.  


  •  I am still able to sleep half way on my stomach. Either on the right side or left. I sleep great at night. But man when morning hits move out of my way because I gotta GO!!!


  •  YES!!! I actually recorded movement before our Lake Powell trip. I wrote it down and wasn't sure. I am sure now and sure what I felt on the way to the airport was definitely Baby Shank!! Friday June 3, 2011 was the date I first felt Baby Shank bubbles!! When I was pregnant with Colten I felt butterflies for a while. With Tyler I felt gas. Lots of gas. And then I felt butterflies for a while. I am much more aware of what I am feeling being this is baby #3 BUT no butterflies this time. Baby Shank went straight from almost unnoticeable to kicking me. This should be exciting knowing he is such a little rascal already!


  •  Starting to look pregnant and not chubby! I am so excited about looking pregnant. Baby is popping out and I am ready for a belly pic finally. I have taken a dozen for myself just for memory sake but I am excited about posting one on our blog.


  •  I miss it when my little one Tyler running into my stomach giving me a fat hug! He does it when I pick him up from school. Well, being that it could hurt baby we had to tell Tyler not to do that anymore. He is sad but will survive.


  • I am looking forward to finding out the Baby Shank's gender. I can't wait to see if we are having a Kale Jr or a mini Sharin.


  • Another Milestone: I got to feel Baby move for the first time. How excited I was. I think Kale and I were in the middle of a serious conversation and I put my hand up SSSHHHH!!! Then I had tears. I couldn't believe it! We were on our way to St. Louis Airport.


Daddy Update:


Kale remains supportive as always.


He has turned into the house wife. It is funny how sometimes us married couples switch roles but this is drastic! Kale has done more dishes and laundry than I have EVER seen him do before. He takes care of Tyler so much now. I am so happy and confident with him and couldn't have asked for a better husband. He has officially outdone me when it comes to household duties this past few weeks.


He enjoys rubbing my belly. He rubs my belly all the time now. The other day he decided to talk to Baby Shank for a few minutes. We played him a baby jingle off my iphone that I downloaded. It's amazing to see Kale react to this pregnancy the way he does. He is going to make such a great new daddy and already is a great daddy to Tyler and Step dad to Colten. He is so wonderful.


If I need food or a drink, he goes downstairs and retrieves it for me. It's so cute. Sometimes he gives me the sad face and I give him mine. You know I always win at this one!!! He went out a week ago around 9:30 pm to get me twizzlers. I all of a sudden wanted twizzlers? I don't think it was a craving. I think I just got a late night sweet tooth!




I didn't get the chance to post these earlier but here is Baby Shank "popping out". I am so happy to present these photos because previously, I looked like a bloated cow! I took bare belly shots for myself but won't subject anyone to the horrifying, bloated, chubby tummy I had going on! I also just noticed I am wearing the same shorts in all these photos. I guess they must be my favorite. All of these photos were taken in the am so my hair is a mess. This is my morning hair-do everyone. I get up and throw it in a bun!  The back ground hasn't changed either. So sad! This is the office which never gets cleaned. It also doubles as my dressing room. This is where I throw mad fits about having NOTHING to wear! It's probably because my clothes are laying all over the place :)




15 weeks preggo 06/10/2011








16 weeks preggo 06/17/2011








17 weeks preggo 06/24/2011

 

2 comments :

  1. Yah cant wait to know what it is!!!! Hopefully you get a girl like you wanted!! You dont look at all big!!! Just a tiny bump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I am going through our blog after so long of not seeing it...how exciting to finally have a girl in the family :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished