Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mr Fix It




Being a homeowner means LOTS of things. Some are good and some...well....you just have to accept.



Just a few weeks ago Kale was replacing the insulation in our attic. We are hoping our energy costs of a cold winter will improve after completing this home project. The insulation was not so good when we purchased our home.

I'm in the office, kids are playing in their rooms and Kale is in the attic hanging insulation.

All of a sudden I hear a crash coming from my dining room. I jump up immediately when I hear the sound of boards hitting my hard wood floor.

I walk in the dining room to a cloud of dust followed by wooden slats and old crumbling insulation all over. I couldn't say anything. I just stood there in disbelief and looked at the mess. I heard Kale with a few choice words from the attic. At first I just kept yelling "are you o.k.?" and he wouldn't respond. I yelled again and finally I heard him say he was o.k.

After knowing that my husband was alright I didn't know what to do. The first thing that came to my mind was the fact that another home project for the dad-to-be was just added to Kale's to-do list. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Here is a visual for you.....





I couldn't believe it.

Just a few days later Kale had an enormous bruise on his thigh. It was terrible. I asked him where it came from and he tells me so sarcastically - "remember when I fell through the ceiling?" I do remember but I had no idea his entire leg fell through! 

He was able to repair this on his own. I am kinda proud of him. Not only has he never attempted a project like this before but our dining room ceiling happens to be plaster. So, go Kale! Another beautiful repair but Mr. Fix It!!


The end results:




You can't even tell that a man fell through this ceiling!

Thank goodness he didn't get hurt. Thank goodness he was able to fix it!




1 comment :

Blog Design by Get Polished