Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Watermelon - 38 Weeks


38 Weeks with Ladybug



( taking my own picture)

Some lady at the store walked up to me and said, "You look like you are about to pop". I wanted to smack her!!! But I kindly replied yes, yes....I am ready to pop!



Ladybug Update:

Baby is doing well. She is still moving around a lot. Elbows and knees and all.

Heart rate is around 130 BPM.

Had a baby appointment last Monday. According to my doctor she is going to be the biggest baby I have ever carried. She said this because baby has dropped completely. But her butt is still right up against my rib cage when being measured. Both of my boys were 6 pound babies
( Colten: 6 lbs 1 oz and Tyler  6 lbs 0.7 oz) . My doctor told me last Monday that if she had to guess that baby was at least 7 pounds. I think she will be around the same size as my boys but I guess we will see.

Miss Ladybug is killing me :) I don't go to sleep until around 4am. It's been like this for a week. She decides that she is going to go on a 3 hour spree of rolling her feet into my ribs. I am so uncomfortable. She pushes at both ends at the same time. I always wonder if she is trying to stand up inside me??? I almost started crying last night. Everyone was sleeping but ME. I don't look forward to getting any sleep tonight either. Only a few more days and this will be over.

I miss miss miss being comfortable when I sleep. I can't wait to be comfortable again!

Just for grins: Kale and I ( being competitive as we are ) decided that we would have a go at each other. We are guessing Ladybugs birth weight. Why? Dunno. It's fun though. 

Kale's guess:  7 pound 3 ounces
Sharin's guess : 6 pounds 10 ounces

We will find out soon!


Mommy Update:

I haven't gained any weight this last week. I have gained right at 30 pounds total with this pregnancy.

My feet get a little swollen but not too bad. I can't shop. I have tried for days to run some errands and it just isn't working out. What I can usually get done in half a days time has taken me over a week to accomplish.

I have also NOT done anything more with my preparing for Ladybug list. I just don't have it in me to finish some projects for her. I find that I barely make it through the day doing absolutely nothing at all. It's depressing a little because I thought I would be able to complete my list for her but unfortunately- I don't. Maybe one or two more preparing for Ladybug posts and that's it until after she arrives.

My face looks tired. I am always really tired. I know..I know...I'm pregnant. :)

I'm getting to that point of "GET HER OUT OF ME" I honestly can't wait until she is out.



My thoughts this week:

I'm excited to finally be in my last week of pregnancy. Woo Hoo. This is awesome. My entire body hurts. No fun! But not too long from now it will be over.

I can't wait to meet our daughter. I keep wondering who and what she will look like. I imagine her sometimes. Is she going to be small and tiny? Big and chubby? I just can't wait.

Will she have any problems? This one is definitely one I have been turning over to God. I trust him with all my heart! I pray for a safe surgery without complications. I also pray for a healthy baby!

I keep thinking about the surgery. I can't get it off my mind. I have been asking the Lord to take this anxiety/fear from me. I am truly terrified. I really need to get more positive! I am praying for this too.




Daddy Update:

We have had a few talks about our feelings on baby. It's nice to talk about her. WE both can't wait to meet her, hold her, and take care of her.

Kale has been supportive as always. He has been a great husband and father. He continues to help me so much. I love him for all that he does.

I can't wait for her arrival!!



Love
The Shank Family







No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished