Sunday, April 17, 2011

This is What I love about Sundays

Well, I was a very sick mommy this morning. I couldn't get out of bed. Kale was at work and without his help and me holding my stomach to even get around the house, we missed church. I managed to talk the kids into watching a movie in my bed with me for about 2 hours this morning. When we finally made it out of bed to eat some lunch, I found out that I wouldn't be joining them. Yuk! I just couldn't eat yet.

 We then went back to my bed, laid down, and watched August Rush. Then the boys got very restless. I had to smack myself in the face to get it together. We went downstairs and I was able to put a little something in my stomach. We got dressed and I took the kids to the park.

I basically sat there just watching them play their little hearts out for hours. I really missed chasing them around or playing tag. 

 When we went to leave and these 3 kids caught a HUGE catfish. I mean it was HUGE. The boys got all crazy about the fish and begged me to take them fishing.I thought to myself, it's either listening to them complain and torture each other or go fishing.

 So we went home, grabbed up our poles, and went fishing. It was frustrating. Both kids had some major issues casting the reels which I knew but forgot. They also couldn’t bait their own hooks which I knew but forgot. They also got their lines caught in trees, branches, logs, and everything else imaginable. As sick as I was, I had no choice but to run between the two boys every 2 seconds "FIXING" whatever it was that allowed them to fish for another 5 seconds.

 I know that they had a lot of fun but for such a sick mommy to be all I can say is WHAT A DAY!!!! I really know how much I need Kale after a day like this!



Here's our boys with a smile on their faces though:







Hope this post doesn't make it look like I'm complaining about being a parent..:) I am simply getting my butt kicked without Kale!! This pregnancy is completely different from my other two. It's probably another boy but it's still different. I'm sicker than a dog and can't wait to get past this phase in pregnancy! But I love being pregnant. It doesn't make any sense does it?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished