Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Rasberry-Baby Shank 8 Weeks


Baby Shank @ 8 Weeks

Baby Shank is doing great. Kale and I went to our first "baby" appointment yesterday together. What a great experience for the both of us. I was overjoyed that Kale was able to take off work and be with me all day. We went to our appointment, went out to lunch, and browsed baby furniture for fun. It was a great day for both of us.


Mommy Update:


I am 8 weeks and 2 days pregnant

Weight : I have gained 3 pounds

Maternity Clothes: My jeans are tight around the waist and very uncomfortable. I am leaning more towards bloating than the weight gain or baby 

I have the feeling that shopping for the next size up is seriously right around the corner. I am feeling a little uncomfortable in everyday jeans. I have a pair that are loose and comfy but they are my "house" jeans I do not wear out. This is going to be interesting being my 3rd pregnancy.

Sleep: I am sleeping like a baby now with the occasional get up and pee in the middle of the night. Up until 4 days ago I was tossing, turning, and just couldn't sleep.

My favorite moment:  was spending the day with Kale. He held my hand throughout the day and I am really enjoying growing closer to him through this experience.

I really miss: being tan. I was a tanner before I got pregnant. I am now pasty pale white which is so much healthier than fake baking. I guess I have grown to love myself either way.

I also miss: running and working out the way I am used to. Now I have to monitor my heart rate and not get too hasty trying to be fit. I think I have come to the realization that I would rather gain a few extra pounds than to put baby at risk.

What I don't miss: is smoking. I was a smoker for a long long time. I knew eventually Kale and I would decide to have a baby together. I finally was able to quit actually before we conceived baby. I am very thankful that I didn't have to quit while pregnant. Knowing the effects it would have on baby. I feel healthier and my pregnancy will be healthier as well.

Our milestone: together ( Kale and I) was seeing Baby Shank for the first time. We also got to see and hear his heart beating. What an amazing feeling to see your unborn child so small and tiny but so alive.


Baby Shank Update:

Baby Shank is doing great

We got to see baby's tiny little body on sonogram and it was amazing

Baby is growing normally and is the size of a rasberry

Baby's heart rate was at 178 bpm.

The nurse said that my pregnancy is healthy and baby is growing and looking good.


Daddy Update:

Kale continues to be there for me everyday. He checks on me constantly asking me how I feel and how my day is.

He keeps calling baby a she still. I think a she is in our hopes. We don't care if it's a boy or girl as long as baby is healthy.

He sat with me in the sonogram room and when baby first popped up on the screen I could see the joy in Kale's eyes. When we heard the heart beating he did get teary eyed. I knew he would. No tears but they wanted to come. 

He is doing more than ever around the house to help me out. He did laundry a few days and he continues to make me a very happy wife.

His first buy for baby was Saturday. I told him earlier that morning that we would need pamper swaddlers, I didn't exactly expect him to purchase them. I was seeing how good he would be at purchasing the "right" item. He bought them and did great!! 


Our First Baby Buy

We will probably be making a priority list for baby here in the next month or so. We have saved baby money already which I am so thankful for. It helps when you have the financial part of this plan down pat. It will be exciting to go shopping with Kale when we find out the gender. We did some browsing yesterday and saw a lot that we loved. We are still waiting for a call back on the Pottery Barn Wall Unit that we want to have custom built for the baby's room. If the price is too much we will settle for other furniture of course.

I am totally planning on buying a Chiefs outfit for Baby Shank. I thought how adorable would he/she be in Kale's favorite team outfit.

Our next sonogram is scheduled when Baby Shank is @ 18 weeks. Then we get to find out the gender. I have a while to just be healthy and enjoy this pregancy. My baby bump is slowly coming. It's not noticable to anyone but me yet. But each morning I wake up I can feel the tiny little ball right above my cesarian scar. It's a wonderful experience all together and having such a loving husband by my side throughout this entire pregnancy is the Best part of all.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished