Monday, March 17, 2014

Morgan's First Hair Cut

{December 2013}


Kale needed a hair cut and you can see from the family photos we took...so did Tyler! 

We were from out of town and have no hair dresser in Texas. Kale had the great idea of hitting up the salon at Walmart. Only Kale would want to go to the salon at Walmart!

So, we did. Kale and Tyler got hair cuts while I grocery shopped. As soon as I was done, I took Morgan to get hers. Her hair was growing out all over the place. Her hair was adorable...but it was a mess!

I was really nervous! I mean we were at Walmart getting her hair cut. I took a leap of faith and trusted the lady who was cutting her hair.

The look we were going for was a bob with the sides being longer around her face and the back being stacked. 

HERE GOES:






I didn't realize how much was being cut off when I took these photos...





Basically all of the hair that was out of control was cut off her little head. I could have cried at first in total regret. It actually took a few weeks for it to sink in. I've never had a daughter before...or learned to just leave her hair alone..

It actually ended up turning out really nice. She had this cute bob that was manageable. No more fly aways. No more silliness all over the place. 

Here is Morgan's new look and the only photo I've taken revealing her adorable new bob:





Morgan and I wake up each morning and treat my bathroom like a salon. We protect her hair with some no 22 from Redken. Then we blow dry it because its so cold outside. Then we flip the ends under with a flat iron. EVERY SINGLE MORNING she looks so stinkin adorable!!!

After her hair is done..she asks for a spray. So I spray her with a little squirt of her BBW spray. 

Then she says lips. And I put on some of my smelly good VS lip gloss. She's such a little DIVA!! 


I'm so blessed to be able to share these little girly things with her. I LOVE IT.

I know sooner or later....this will come back to bite me in the wallet. BUT for now its totally cute.


~ The Shank Family





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished