Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Trip 2015 {part 1}

The Shank Family minus dad took a road trip to Florida for Thanksgiving this year. It was a great get-a-way! With all the wrestling practices, work, chores + packing...we all just really needed a vacation. It's too bad Kale wasn't able to join us. I think he needed the vacation most of all.
Morgan and I captured a selfie right before we hit the sack in preparation for our trip! She's too cute and why not?!




Since I was the one driving, I wasn't able to capture the kiddos in the truck as I usually do. BUT we did stop and take a selfie at a Starbucks when I desperately needed coffee.



We drove about 6 hours that day to Atlanta, GA where we stopped and Kale got us a hotel room. I seriously was not trying to drive the 15 hours by myself in one day. This was the plan and even though the kids were being really good, for Ryker, it was the best thing to do so I wouldn't pull my hair out driving down the road :)

This was a sweet moment I caught {thankfully} of the kids tearing apart one of the beds. They actually seem to LIKE that they were in a hotel room! Or ... maybe it was that I didn't really mind if they wrestled and messed the bed up. Either way...too cute!






We had a little fun. Hit the pool and the gym {I know right!} We woke up the next day and had an amazing breakfast {not really} and were able to hit the road again with fresh faces and minds.




Before leaving out to complete our trip to Florida, I decided to show the kids this "Stone Mountain". It was time for them to see this place in person. They didn't believe me... Now they do! It was fun. There was a lady there who was supposed to snap "a" photo but ended up taking like 20. I love that she did that because it captured how hard it is to take a group pic when you have a 1 year old, 4 year old and 2 older kids!









let the fun begin!

~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished