Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And so it begins...Demo {week 1}


Kale and I have been looking forward to yesterday for a while now. Well... ever since we spotted the home and took our first peek inside. We KNEW this day would come and it would be wonderful.

We drove by yesterday evening to see what progress had been made.

:: A little Back-Story before I begin::

When Kale spotted this home and took me to see it for the first time I walked right back out the door. I said NO way and walked out. He laughed and laughed some more. He said "Babe, where is your imagination?"

I started laughing hysterically {and I mean that} and said there is NO way. There is just NO way!

And so it begins...

Here are some before pics of the house. SCARY. But...I had to look past all this. VERY far..into the future. lol. 

Current Kitchen. This is actually where our family room will be when everything is done.

Current Living Room which is where our new kitchen will be installed.

The other side of the current Living room. This will become our new dining area.




They started yesterday by planning out what we discussed in our meeting last Thursday. Ripping out the old kitchen, living room ceilings and walls. Then they have to move all the plumbing etc. to the new kitchen. There is SO much work to be done. Kale and I are anxiously waiting for each phase to happen. We told them we would try not to bother them too much. HA! right :)

 We were told we would move in ready around the week of Thanksgiving :) We are so excited they got started right away.



wowza. I seriously could just get all up in this house and sledge-hammer it to death BUT I can't so...for now... We have roughly 6 weeks to wait and watch. It's going to be SO hard!!! But we are excited and we are equally excited to share our little adventure with you guys!

~ Our Shank Family


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished