Friday, October 23, 2015

Demo {week 2}

Demo is complete in the house. They have removed all the old and we are down to the studs. They have started on all new electrical and plumbing. 

I had a meeting last week and this week over at the new house which I didn't expect. I never really knew how much was up to me. I guess for better words: I didn't realize how much I needed to think about in regards to where and how in the new house.

Things like:

Garbage disposal switch. Where did you want this? I asked for it to be placed underneath the sink.

3-way switch questions. Moving air vents around questions. How many can lights? Where is your new table going to be placed so that we can center your new ceiling fixture.

I mean. WOW. I just got hammered with 100 question {not that I mind}. I'm glad they are asking! 
I mentioned homework in the last post - boy was I not kidding!! Lots of things to think about, pick out and draw up for our new house.

Here are some photos of all the demo work. I should really call this post week 1!

Before {when we purchased home}

Day 2
After Week 1



Basement Before
Basement After

And a few more pictures from around the house:

Hallway upstairs leading to bedrooms

From living room

Bathroom

It's been a crazy week. When we go inside it doesn't appear that a lot has been done (I am female) but then Kale points out all the electrical, plumbing, everything that I wouldn't really notice unless he pointed it out. He says they are doing really good and on schedule.

We are really excited. I'm not as excited at this moment as I will be when things go from this to looking like a new home.


~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished