Thursday, December 8, 2011

Morgan's Birth


* Morgan Elaine Shank *



So happy Morgan is finally here! She is a blessing. She is sweet. She's our little Ladybug!

The morning that Kale and I would head to the Women's Hospital to deliver Ladybug came way too fast. The previous week was the slowest week ever! I felt as if the days would drag on and on and on. But when the special day came - I wanted to get back into bed and keep her in the womb longer. Sounds really strange that an almost 9 month pregnant woman would say this right? 

Surgery isn't all too appealing to anyone especially someone who has gone through two rough c-sections already. So yes. I wanted to crawl back into bed and SLEEP!

But I couldn't. So Kale and I hugged and hugged and he assured me over and over that things would be o.k. My heart was pounding the entire way to the hospital. I didn't want to go through another surgery but I couldn't wait to meet Ladybug.

We arrived at the hospital and I was so nervous. I was dreading the surgery of course. I sure am glad that I had Kale. I wouldn't have been able to mentally cope without him. I put on my big girl pants and was ready to have this baby.

Not long after checking in with admissions, we learned that the power was out at the hospital. I thought to myself { Great! This is just what I need at a moment like this } Supposedly there was an automobile accident and the power was cut off to the hospital. They were running on generators. My surgery was postponed. I was upset. I had finally got myself together and was ready to have a baby and bam. I am delayed mentally and physically. Not cool. So we patiently waited things out. I had more time than I needed to think about this surgery. Not cool either. Bad thoughts entered my mind. I thought of so many different things within the hour of waiting. What if something goes wrong? What if she has to go to NICU? What if? What if? So I began to pray. I prayed for a healthy beautiful baby girl.


All of a sudden things began to happen rapidly.
They hauled me off to the OR room.
It was as if the minutes it took to prepare me for surgery turned into seconds in my mind. Things happened so fast I really didn't have time to think or to get scared. Before I knew it I was laying flat on my back with a curtain in front of me. 
Then Kale came in the OR and I was instantly happier than ever. I had him right beside me holding my hand.
Within minutes of starting the surgery they announced that they were seconds from her. And all of a sudden all I could hear was a beautiful cute faint little cry coming from my daughter.

I couldn't believe she was here!!!


Our pictures from such an exhausting, exciting and eventful day:


{    Daddy dressed up for Morgan's delivery    }


{   Mommy during surgery. Waiting patiently to hear that first cry   } 


{    She's here!   }



{    Mommy and Daddy meet Morgan for the first time! This was such an incredible moment!    }


{   Daddy and his baby girl  }


{  Finally in a more relaxing and comfortable setting. Holding our baby girl.   }


{  Colten and Baby Morgan   }


{   Tyler and Baby Morgan   }





{   Mommy - Grandma Weycker and Baby Morgan   }




{   Daddy - Grandma Rush and Baby Morgan   }


{   My girlfriend Beth - Mommy and Baby Morgan  }



We are so glad she is finally here. 

She is our little bundle of joy and I can't wait to take LOTS of pictures of her with our family!

We love you all. 


Love,

Our Shank Family





















2 comments :

  1. These pictures are great and of course my favorite is Morgan's hospital picture in her bow and tutu (I think that's how you spell it). So adorable!!! I'm just so glad that everything has went well and hopefully you can just enjoy your family now and your new baby girl.

    Love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun time in your lives as a family!! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished