Saturday, January 11, 2014

Morgan Turns 2!


Catching Up :  November 30, 2013

___________________________________________________


HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN


Age: 

2

Height:

32 3/4" tall

Weight:

24 lbs

Potty Trained:


Not yet. This is something that we have been working on since she was around 22 months old. She makes it into the bathroom to her potty but hasn't yet figured out that it goes IN the potty. We aren't worried yet that she isn't potty trained but it is something that we hope happens soon.

Words:


Morgan talks a lot! she can repeat anything that we say with about 75% accuracy. Sometimes, we will says words like shirt...and they come out of her mouth without the r. It's actually pretty funny. I will repeat shirt and she screams the other word! Kale and I do correct her but...we laugh so hard when this happens.

Words she uses regularly: (to get what she wants)

Please
Thank you
I love you
I love you too

A little humor:


When our little Morgan does her business, she politely tells me that she has a stink pickle. WHAT? A stink pickle. It's hilarious and I am really not surprised that she followed daddy's lead on this one.

Diaper is not a diaper. It is a dipe. Pronounced just like ripe.

Sippy is not a sippy. It is a sip. 

Morgan is really funny when she talks. She talks so well that she can hold a conversation with us. I love it!

Favorite foods:


Eggs
Cottage Cheese
Yogurt
Toast
Bacon
Venison
pb & j
Pretzels
Steak
Corn
Peas 
Cereal
Ice Cream
Cookies

Foods that she will eat any-day and every day: CORN. We like to think she got that from daddy.



Favorite tv shows:


Jake and The Neverland Pirates
Sofia the First
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Good Luck Charlie
Spongebob

Favorite Movie:


RIO

Without a doubt...hands down...Rio. She wants to see RIO every single day. Of course we let her! It's adorable to watch her laugh hysterically at the movie {part: when Blue is sipping his hot cocoa and the two geese throw a snow ball at the window: she just laughs hysterically}

Favorite things to do:


Morgan loves to play with her babies. You can't touch her babies. Only Morgan can touch her babies. Unless her baby is "crying" then you can help hush her baby to sleep :) She also loves her new tea set she got for Christmas. She started screaming out of joy that she got a new baby and made us open the gift. She started feeding her baby right away. She feeds me, daddy and her babies.





Dance. She loves to dance. It can be a commercial, my phone, daddy's radio...any music that she hears...she immediately starts dancing. And when the music turns off, she goes back to doing what it was that she was doing. I think this is one of my favorite things at this moment!!




Firsts:


Morgan got her first hair cut while we were in Texas for the Holidays. I am not happy with the results. I very clearly asked the stylist not to cut off any length. I asked her to just trim it all even. Well, I don't really know where my brain was. She ended up giving her a real bob. It is actually really cute. However, I really miss her curls. I don't think we will be experimenting on our daughters hair until she is like 12 now!




Morgan also had her first pedi for the Holidays! Yes, a little extreme for being 2 BUT she is a mini diva. I was shopping with a good friend of mine and our first stop was the nail salon. Morgan asked for a pedi. Yep. She can say pedi :) It was cute. I really enjoyed that little moment with her.




We decided this year would not be an all out birthday party for Morgan. I was closing out the year in my business and Kale was working so that he could take his full 2 week vacation for the Holidays. I really don't think Morgan would have known the difference. We went out to eat as a family to TGI Fridays and then I made a cake at home. She was really excited to sing Happy Birthday and blow out her candle.












A few Candids of Morgan in her natural non-posed state:



Dressing daddy just like her

With bubby at Qdoba

There's that smile!

Morgan's official birthday session will be coming soon :)

~ The Shank Family




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished