Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Beginnings with 2014!


Hey! Guess what? I am keeping my end of the bargain with the family!! I promised a few of you that I would start blogging again in 2014. I have given our family blog a little make-over too. I am really excited about keeping everybody up to date with Our Shank Family news and happenings!

We are really excited about being back to the blogging world. I am especially excited and I can't wait to start sharing pictures too...Tache... :)

What is new?

Well, for starters, the blog is new. It has a new look. I worked all morning on revamping our outdated blog and refreshing it for 2014.

I will not blog as often as I did in previous years BUT I am hoping to blog at least once a week.

We just got back from a wonderful vacation in Texas. Things are definitely hectic right now as we are still unpacking and resting from such a long trip.

Morgan is on her 4th round of "trying" to potty train. The little stinker can even SAY potty train! I am not going to rush her and I know she will train when she is ready.

Colten loves Texas. He enjoys being with his dad. We really miss him a LOT but are finding ways to visit often this year. Financially and Emotionally, this is very hard for us. We are planning a move and really don't have any details to share at this time. I am praying that the Lord will provide for us and hoping to move during the summer. However, we aren't going to force anything. We will have patience and pray for God's will and his timing.

Tyler turns 8 today!! Can you believe that he is getting so big?! He is doing wonderful in school too. We are very please with the System that the school has put together for him. 

Kale and I are looking forward to the completion of a very large project we started months ago. We originally started a rental house investment but it soon turned into a flip home. We are hoping to complete the project this month and have it sold by the end of March.

We said good-bye to our tiny chevy malibu this past month. We can't really travel in it and it is already a tight fit for 3 kiddos. We are also wanting to expand our family in the near future so we took the plunge. It was definitely time for a BIGGER vehicle for us. We opted for the sporty Tahoe and went the route of a Suburban. I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to be able to fit our entire family, both our dogs, all of our luggage AND all of our Christmas gifts in the same vehicle this year!! 

We took some new family photos this year while we were in Texas! How exciting is that? Our family has never been photographed with my brothers family...ever...so we made that happen and are really excited to show off some awesome photos! We are going to make it a goal to get photographed with all of our family this coming year.

Sneak Peak :



We will post individual updates of everything soon!

How are all of you!?!?! We missed you for the Holidays this year. We are going to be planning more trips this year. Our priority is to see Colten as much as possible but we are also hoping to take several trips to Colorado, Kansas and Florida!! We really can't wait to see you guys. We miss you and love you so much!

~ The Shank Family





No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished