Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A Little Outdoors

{ January 7 }

While Grandpa and Grandma Shank were in town, we decided to go out to a friends property and  shoot some guns. A little target practice. This was fun and exciting for everyone. The boys especially liked this. Kale went and bought the boys a bb gun to start off with. I am really hoping in the future he can learn some good skills and maybe go hunting with us sometime. And Tyler is a bit young yet but if he gets into shooting enough maybe he too, in time, will want to go.

Kale started the boys off with their bb gun.








Both boys were looking down the (barrel/through the scope) with the wrong eye. They couldn't figure out if they were left hand shooters or right hand shooters. Kale's friend A.J. showed them how they could tell which (hand/arm) they would favor. I got this on video because it was too cute. Colten and his faces!

While Tyler ( somewhat not that interested ) is off playing with sticks and mud, Colten has become a little more confident in himself. He wants to shoot the gun without Kale over his shoulder. So Kale let him have a go.





Colten was pretty confident with the bb gun.

So we moved on to bigger and better. The 22.





Then Grandpa Shank came on the scene with a 22 pistol. Tyler for sure wanted to shoot this gun. It was just like his nerf gun at home. Only heavier, shinier, and not so safe. Oh and you can't hide around the corner and shoot mommy with this one!


Colten wasn't too interested in the pistols. He decided to run off and play in the woods.


Kale and Colten got in on some beer cans together. 


Now it's time for the adults to shoot. Debra kept an eye on the kiddos. Well we all kept an eye on the kiddos and took turns shooting one at a time. With Tyler and his bebop-in around, ya never know.








Ugh! My bum ear! I remember asking my dad why my ear stuck out from  my head this way. He told me, "Because every time you would get in trouble, that was the ear I would drag you to your room with"! Ha now it's permanent. :)









Grandma Shank stayed with the baby the whole time. This was very nice of her to do. This gave me a little space from the baby, fun shooting guns, and I was able to keep a better eye on the boys.

We decided to pack up after hours of being out. It was a little chilly and the boys were getting restless. So we hopped a ride back to the trucks.



Before leaving out, I decided to get some family pics. I had to!








I love my kiddos!

Grandma, Grandpa and the boys




If you only knew what Grandpa Shank said to make us laugh so hard!



This was a blast. We had so much fun while Grandma and Grandpa Shank were in town. We look forward to seeing them again!!







1 comment :

  1. Nice pictures Sharin!!
    Tell the boys to be careful with the guns!!
    Looks like all of you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished