Friday, March 23, 2012

Our Parents Have Chores?





I am controlling. I will be the first to admit this! I don't like anyone cleaning my house but me. I don't like anyone doing laundry but me (haha someone close to me knows this well). I like to do things myself - my way. That's just how I am. I feel if I do it - that it's done my way - then I'm happy.

Well, I can't do it anymore. I have come to the end of my rope trying to keep this home clean alone. We've got the boys bedroom, the office, the downstairs bathroom, the hallway, foyer, family room, dining room, kitchen, stairs going up and stairs going down to basement, our bedroom, Morgan's bedroom, our bathroom and the hallway upstairs! I have been seriously trying to keep this whole house clean alone? Plus motherhood, daycare, cooking, laundry, groceries, boys homework, Morgan, and all the rest of the stuff that I do. I feel insane!

I finally broke down and realized that I have 3 kids and 2 dogs. Nothing is going to be perfect for more than about 2 seconds.

My solution: I sat down last night and made a chore chart for Kale and I both. We started this Monday and it was MARVELOUS!!!! He is such a good husband! And I love that he does so much. He has always asked if he could help me with anything and of course my stubborn attitude always said no. Then I would be mad that I am cleaning and he's watching sports. Well, I'm over it. The only thing he can't do is laundry. HAHA. I do laundry. That's it. So tonight was a blessing all the way. So glad I decided to consult a friend and let this go. It's a good feeling to see my house clean by 7 pm. I now get to bed on time instead of staying up till midnight being an obsessive housekeeper.  LOVE IT!!!

OUR STARTER CHORE CHART


I think this was a splendid idea. So far this is working out very well!

The boys think we are crazy. They asked us, "Do you really have chores?" I said yes...they are right here :)

This makes the boys a little more aware of the fact that we have responsibilities too. It helps when they See us doing "chores" that are LISTED on a chart just like theirs.

Our boys have the same exact chore chart with of course less responsibility.

For some reason they watch us work and clean all the time but it just didn't click. It does now. Very happy mommy this week.




1 comment :

  1. I think this is a great way for the whole family to be involved and so MOM isn't always having to do everything!! I applaud you for giving up some of your control so your not having to do EVERYTHING all the time. You have too much stuff to take care of (kids, daycare, house, groceries, cooking, cleaning, etc..) to not let the boys and Kale help you out. I believe this is exactly how a household should work these days. The whole family pitching in to get it done!! I wish mine did as well. We can't always get what we want though can we??? Your very lucky my friend, I know you know this but I can't reiterate it enough. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished