Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Random Updates




This month has been full of so many special little moments. We thought it would be nice to share.
So here are some random updates from Our Shank Family.

Random #1:

Little Miss Morgan is eating baby food already! We didn't know what to expect the first time we gave her food. We didn't know if she would even be able to physically eat it yet either. So we gave it a try and this is what we got:

  

Of course Kale and I laughed our butts off at her face. Each time we would go to the bowl with the spoon she would start to kick her legs and coo at us ( give me more please)!

Morgan is currently eating rice cereal, applesauce followed by some infant juice once a day. 


Random # 2:

We have a roly-poly already. Yes. Morgan is rolling. It's adorable. I can't believe she's rolling. The first time she rolled was last month. But we knew it was a fluke. She rolled over in her co-sleeper which is slightly tilted. She was actually chasing her binky and rolled on accident. One reason we put her back in our bedroom.

This time was no accident. I had her on her blanket while I went to make her a bottle.



When I went back into the daycare room she was on her tummy! I couldn't believe it! I was stoked. I screamed out of joy scaring Kale into running into the room thinking that something was wrong. We both chuckled out of joy. We call her roly-poly Morgan when she does this.



After we caught her roll for the first time I decided to set up the camera on my cell to try to catch her. Well I got lucky and caught her rolling a few days ago. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I can't leave her unattended on the floor anymore. Each cry that comes out of her mouth I freak and think that she has rolled into something. So she now comes along with me wherever I go.

Here's the video of me catching Morgan roll over for the first time!





Random #3:

Colten has decided he wants to join the 5k run for Delaware School ( his school ). He has asked me to join him. Yes I run and work out but by no means do I run 3 miles. Ha. I haven't run like that since before I was pregnant with Morgan.  

So Colten and I are conditioning ourselves. This is rough. Especially for our Colten. He hasn't ever run this kind of distance before. He also believes it's a race. It is but he doesn't understand pace. So with patience ( LOTS OF PATIENCE ) I am trying to teach our 9 year old how to run this type of race. 

He got about 1/4 of a mile in tonight and got a cramp. We are taking this very slow, however, the race is on April 28. We don't have much time at all. We will be running at least 4 times a week around Garvin Park. I am really happy that he asked me to run with him. This gives me much needed exercise and a little alone time with him. This is good:)



Random #4:

Morgan is teething! Yes. It's been a very full month in this Shank house. She started this about a week ago. At first I was surprised that she was fussy. Morgan is NEVER fussy. She's the most smiling, silliest, cutest little thing ever. So content no matter where we are. So when she got this fussy I knew something was wrong. I started piecing together little clues. The drooling. Her chewing on everything. She chews on her hands, binky, blanket, and sometimes my fingers. I can't believe she is cutting teeth at 3 1/2 months old! I can't see the teeth coming through but the lines in her gums are there. This is going to be a really interesting month!


Random #5:

Miss Morgan smarty pants has decided to take charge of her bottle. She doesn't want us to hold it. She wants to hold it! She doesn't really hold it all the time but every once in a while she will. It's cute to see.




Well I think that is all I can think of so far. What a MONTH!!!


Love,

The Shank Family


1 comment :

  1. Looks like alot of exciting stuff is happening with our little ladybug now that she's getting older. It's so exciting!! Love the videos of her eating baby food and rolling over. So darn cute!!

    I'm happy that you & Colten are running together. It's great because it's mom & son bond time plus your getting exercise at the same time. You guys are going to rock that 5k!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished