Sunday, February 23, 2014

Hunting In Kansas {2013}



This year Kale decided he was going hunting with his dad in Kansas no matter what. Literally. No matter what.

So he did. Originally, I the whole Shank family was supposed to go down to Kansas together but our plan for that happening unfolded when I got overbooked with work for my business. 

So while Kale was packing, I noticed him putting a cooler in the trunk of his car.


Cooler?!


A cooler? What?

Me: Babe. Why on earth are you taking a cooler to Kansas?

Kale: So I can bring back my deer!

Me: um. yuk! So you are going to put a dead deer in a cooler...in the trunk of your car...and drive back with it?

Kale: Yes babe. How else do you expect me to get it home?

Me: well. o.k. then.



Kale got some alone time, a quiet trip all alone (I'm sure he jammed out the whole way there too), he got to visit with family AND he got in some awesome dude time shooting guns.



I decided with all the deer guts to only post this photo. It was the least bloody and figured I wouldn't gross everyone out all at one time.



I had no idea that he would be cutting a cute deer up into little pieces and putting it in a cooler. I guess I have a lot to learn about deer hunting from out of town.

Needless to say...I'm not sure if I WERE to have the pleasure...I could have actually shot, chopped and placed a dead deer in a cooler. I'm kind of happy I didn't have to see all of that!

OH WAIT...I did because my awesome husband sent me photos of his deer hanging from a rafter in his dad's shop. Oh how lucky am I!

Anyways! He had fun. He got to see his dad and Stepmom. He also made a few trips to visit Tache and Papa {his grandparents}.

Kale came home and was a happy camper. MMMMM. MMMM. MMMM. We enjoy applewood smoked bacon wrapped venison occasionally around here ;) I can't say I am complaining anymore!!



~ The Shank Family


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished