Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The New Shank Mobile

{pre-christmas 2013}


I knew the time would come when I would have to say good-bye to my cute car. This car was awesome. The gas mileage...cute and sleek...new model...favorite car ever...did I mention that it got about 32+ mpg?! I could zoom everywhere all week like off like $50.

Bagels? yes, prank gift from a friend of mine. another story :)


We have taken so many trips as a family in our shank mobile. It got us everywhere so cheaply too. 

I really really really didn't want to let it go. But...The kids couldn't fit it in anymore after we bought Morgan her new big girl car seat. I mean geez. The kids were practically sardines in the back seat.

So the search was on. 

For memories sake....I am documenting the "list". Years from now, Kale and I will look back and laugh!

Sharin's List:

Leather
Entertainment System
Key Fob Access
Auto-Opening Rear Hatch
Sporty 
Heated Seats
Sunroof
Electronic Seats
3 row seating


Kale's List:

Big
Huge
Long
4x4
Suburban
Not black or white
Must be able to fit family, dogs, bikes, snow sleds, and man stuff

HA! You see why I am documenting this?

This man I married is very funny. We found 5 suburbans and 2 Tahoe's that we liked. After about 3 days of going back and forth with each other...I lost the battle for the sporty Tahoe. Why? Because we could fit everything BUT the dogs. The trunk of most 3 row seated vehicles...there is not one. You may be able to fit a few grocery bags but that's about it. I really don't want to leave my dogs when we go on vacation. We did this once and I harassed the caregiver we hired. Literally. Harassed. I LOVE my doggies.

So we crossed Tahoe off the list. I went for gold. Literally. I found a new truck that had everything I wanted AND everything that he wanted.

WINNER!

Both of us.

I called a friend of mine who sells cars for a living and she was able to check this one out for us and give us real numbers so we didn't walk away like idiots like we did with the white Tahoe we had.



Here is what we came home with



We loaded this thing to death for the Holidays! We were so excited that we fit basically our entire family and gifts along with the dogs kennel and food. I mean other than the few gifts we opened early, we were road ready and ready to rock.




Morgan had her own space now. She doesn't have to poke Tyler anymore. This was a non-stop back seat battle in the car. The kids were literally touching elbows. Then Morgan would reach over and hit Tyler. Tyler would bump into Colten. Colten would then bump back into Tyler. OMG. I'm documenting this for memories sake! Back Seat Fighting is no more! {hopefully}




Yes. That would be a full grown doberman standing in the back seat. 



Now we can travel comfortably and expand our family without worry :) 

Mission Accomplished.


~ The Shank Family




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished