Thursday, December 18, 2014

Ryker's Birth


The morning of November 3rd would definitely be a morning to remember. We were headed to the hospital to finally meet our baby boy.

I am always so nervous the day before because a c-section is involved. I've been through 3, I'm sure to make it through my 4th. There's just something exciting yet scary knowing the day and almost the time you will hear and see your little one for the first time.

Kale and I set out for the The Women's Hospital around 8:30 am. I seriously didn't want to leave but at the same exact time I couldn't wait to get there. My nerves were shot already. What's a few more hours right?

We arrived and I slowly calmed down. Undressed. Hospital gown on. Kale and I just sat and waited talking and laughing enjoying each others company. It was actually extremely peaceful being able to join him in conversation without any other interruptions.

They hooked me up to the monitors and by then I knew it was almost time. I was so excited. I was not nearly as nervous as I was before we met Morgan. I was actually ready to get the show on the road. Surgery and all.

Around 11:15 I got my spinal block and they body slammed me down on the table. I say body slammed...that's the term they used not me :) They don't literally body slam me but they lay me down extremely quick right afterwards. The meds hit me so quickly. I knew it was game on.

Kale came in the room and then I got excited. I love how he was right beside me the whole time. I couldn't have done it without him. Minutes...I mean minutes later, we heard it. That sweet sound. The sweetest sound in the world. Our baby was here!

I don't get to hold or see him right away but I know he's here. The anesthesiologist was so kind. He took TONS of photos for us. 

He even photographed Ryker's actual birth! I will not share those photos but it was incredible to see everything for the very first time. It was just incredible.

The first time I got to smell him, feel him and hear him were magical. I couldn't believe it. He's really here. Healthy and here.






Kale and I got to enjoy our first moments with baby. I couldn't believe he was here. This was a wonderful day and I'm so grateful that the Lord gave us this healthy baby and surgery without any complications.




~ The Shank Family


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished