Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Not Again...

After being released from the hospital with Ryker and enjoying a wonderful week at  home with the family, the last thing I expected was to be back in the hospital. I was upset. I couldn't believe this. But it happened.

A week after Morgan was born I was admitted into hospital with Post Partum Pre-eclampsia. Well, a week after having Ryker I was also admitted to hospital with Post Partum Pre-eclampsia. The chances (statistically in Indiana) of developing post partum pre-eclampsia is less than 4%. I laughed at my doctor and asked her what the chances were of developing this a second time. My doctor and I had a good laugh because I had indeed developed it a second time.

Thursday, a week after leaving hospital the first time, I went ahead and called my doctor to be re-admitted. I had an ongoing headache for 3 days (with Morgan is was also 3 days). Why 3 days? Because the first day is just a very mild headache. The second day is a full blown headache. The third day...a full blown migraine that can't be touched with the powerful pain medication I had at my disposal. It just wouldn't stop. The pain was increasing and I couldn't even see straight anymore. I knew the second day something MAY be wrong but just couldn't believe it was THIS. The migraine is caused by high blood pressure. My blood pressure was absolutely through the roof. Without immediate treatment, I would start having seizures.

So, I was readmitted and this time treatment was fast. With my obvious history (having already been through this with Morgan)  I was tested right away, diagnosed right away and treated right away.

It was a...UGH...kind of hospital stay. I don't even want to recap the whole sha-bang. I was very thankful that Kale was able to take off work to be with me. I am also thankful that I delivered both Morgan and Ryker at a hospital that provided me with a private suite large enough for our entire family (if needed). I'm also thankful my delivering hospital allowed me to have the baby with me and any help I would need with him as well. Seriously. What a blessing.

After a few days I was able to go back home and snuggle back up with Ryker and Morgan.


I'm glad that this is over and I am also glad there isn't a chance of going through this again. 

On the bright side, I got a photo of Kale and Ryker snuggling while I was being looked over by the nurses. My heart was melting when I took this shot :) Kale still in his work clothes...a sleepy newborn almost a week old...







~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished