Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day {2016}



I love Mother's Day! It's one day out of the whole year where I get to just relax all day and celebrate being a mommy.


Since I met Kale, Mother's Day has been SO dramatically different for me. I cherish these moments like never before. I'm so grateful for him and for my babies.


This Mother's Day was sweet. I did not wake up to kids jumping all over me in my bed but I did wake up to my favorite pancakes. Whole Wheat Mill Pecan Pancakes with real maple syrup and more pecans! Goodness I LOVE pecans!


Tyler made me a book with paper. He drew a photo of each member of our family and create a name for them. He also made a basket out of paper and filled it with Hershey's Kisses {which the kids ate I might add}.




Colten bought me roses and a card. It was adorable. Like, he's growing up. Trying to be more like Kale with his gifting.

Morgan .. and Ryker gave me TONS of sweet kisses. ALL DAY LONG Morgan repeated Happy Mother's Day under her breath. Cutest thing ever.

Later that evening Kale and I took off to West Baden. We had an engagement session. {it just happened to work out this way}



We photographed a 1.5 hour session and then went on a nice date. Nothing fancy. I was "Hangry" and wanted something good... like bar-b-qua. So he took me to Legendz Bar and Grill. They had THE BEST sweet Potato fries I've ever had.


Then we went looking at land. Future plans for a "Lakehouse" are in the works. More in another post.

It was fun. I had a really great time! Then when we came home another surprise was waiting. Our sitter and friend Caitlyn had the kiddo clean the entire kitchen. Light my favorite Limoncello candle and make a sign that said "Happy Mother's Day". Just that little sign melted my heart. Oh and they cleaned my kitchen!



Happy Mother's Day!! We love you! 


~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished