Thursday, June 4, 2015

He is Risen!

Happy Easter!

or should I say Happy Resurrection Day?

Kale and I aren't at all where we would like to be in our Christian Faith and the way we live. We are definitely a working progress. With each new struggle life brings, with each blessing we receive, we know we are being pulled back to Christ our Savior.
Easter morning prompted me to read from the bible before the kids woke up. To learn about "Easter" and why..where does the Easter bunny come into play? What is up with Easter eggs? A bunny and an Egg?


So. What is Easter. Well, I quickly found out that Easter really has nothing to do with the day that Jesus was resurrected. WHAT?!!!
You mean all these years I have been buying Easter baskets, decorated hard boiled eggs, giving and this whole time I really thought that Easter Sunday was connected with this Holy day. I'm so embarrassed.

But...I did some self teaching this morning. Then I taught my children the meaning of today. Colten and I are both learning slowly through God's word and together we read to everyone from Scripture what today was truly about.

{yes, we knew what today was really about not not REALLY}

We read Matthew 28 together. It was awesome. It felt so good. I don't really know what got into me today other than maybe being tired of celebrating holidays and really not knowing if I'm doing things right, celebrating for the right reasons or even supposed to be celebrating this at all.

Today was a great day.

Kale had to work but the kids and I had fun doing all sorts of park play in the morning. A small photo-shoot in the afternoon. Egg Decorating, a good meal,  Easter cupcakes, Easter basket hunting and a movie to top off the evening after Kale came home. I took NO photos of any of the events that happened today except the one shot of the kiddos for our Easter Cards for 2015 and a few others. The kids would only cooperate for so long before they started running around like wild children through this pretty field at the park :)







~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished