Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ryker Wayne | 5 Months

RYKER WAYNE | 5 MONTHS



How big is Ryker?
age: 5 mo's

clothing: 3-6 and some 6

Milestones:
You are eating baby food! After unsuccessfully trying twice, you are finally ready to indulge in something other than milk.
Foods you have tried:
rice cereal
sugar snap peas
apples
bananas
You really don't like anything but the rice cereal. No matter what it is, if it isn't just rice cereal you make the cutest yuk face ever!
You are no longer nursing and I have quit fighting the obvious. I can't produce enough to support your intake needs so after talking to lactation and your pediatrician, we have all agreed my efforts are more stressful than helpful to you. I had around 2 weeks of total sadness until I accepted that I am just not able to nurse you anymore. 
You are rolling child. Rolling all over the place. I will put you on your play mat and by the time I get settled in a chair or grab my cup of coffee, you are already off your play mat. I love it. 
You talk and talk and talk and talk. 
You are no longer sleeping through the night. You are waking up around midnight to eat and then again around 3-4 to eat again. You are a wonderful sleeper and daddy and I are both completely shocked as to why you aren't sleeping through the night but we were told this is normal. We have started putting a little bit of rice cereal in your milk to help you sleep longer and stay full.
  

A Day in the Life:

You are rolling from one side to the other all day. We love it. You get your leg over and it hangs sometimes for a while until finally you get the strength to roll. You get over on your tummy and hate it. We keep wondering why you roll over and hate it so much :)

You don't sleep through the night anymore. Ever since we stopped nursing you wake for food twice each night. It makes us super grumpy in the morning but we still love you.

You take VERY short naps during the day. Your first nap is around 10am. Maybe 30 minutes. Then you take another nap around noon. Maybe 30 minutes. The only time you sleep for around 1.5 hours is your 3:30 nap. Then you take your last nap before bedtime around 6pm.

You are a playing fool. You coo, dribble, drool and play. That's your life in a nutshell this month! You are always looking around, smiling and staring. We love getting on the floor and playing with you.

You finally go to church with us. You love the nursery and are always tired when we pick you up after nearly 2 hours of nothing but play time.

Your family loves you:

I have a feeling this will never ever change (until Colten's moves out) but he's still your biggest fan. He loves to help take care of you, play with you, talk to you and keep you busy. He helps me the most when daddy isn't around to help me with you. You LOVE Coco. Tyler has finally gotten used to you and comfortable holding you from time to time. Morgan loves getting on the floor and scooting around with you. She enjoys playing with you as much as you enjoy playing with her.

Note from Mom:

 Ryker, you tied our family together perfectly. It seems weird some days to look at my almost 13 year old and then take a look at you. How did I get so lucky to have such amazing and beautiful children? God loves you. He loves me. I'm so thankful for you each and everyday!
Watch Me Grow:


newborn

1 month

2 months
3 months

4 months

5 months



~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished