Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines { 2012 }

Happy Valentines!!!

A few new things this year...Gifts that we made ourselves!

I have set out to do a few things a lot differently this year. And we are definitely off to a good start with Valentines!


I decided to be frugal and cute by making Kale a gift that you won't find in any store! This gift only cost me about $12.50 to make.


It was also a great way to include the kids. They presented this gift to Kale being from themselves instead of from me. {This secretly made me feel really good}


We decided on a giant picture of the kiddos



The Picture that Made the Gift



I absolutely LOVE this picture!


To Kale Love The boys (& mommy)






And of course a picture of Colten being totally cute


The picture doesn't look as good coming from the camera but it turned out beautifully. We liked this tutorial so much that we decided this would be great for some family photos on the walls of our house. So much empty space. Might as well fill it with some love.

I am also going to make Morgan a 2,4,6,8,10, and 12 month photo doing this for her room. This will be so darn cute! They won't be this large but this is a cheap way of creating large pictures that are adorable.

Love the idea. Love the boys. And love the hubby. 

Happy valentines from the Shank Family






2 comments :

  1. Awesome I totally wanna try this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy and cheap. We had so much fun and It will fill all the empty walls of your house. We plan on making more to fill ours. Good Luck!! Let me know how it goes! I want to see your results :)

      Delete

Blog Design by Get Polished