Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things {baby #4}


Nearly 4 kids later...and there are STILL items out on the market today that I've never had the pleasure of purchasing and using. There are also small things included in this list that I want to try! So, I decided to create a list of my favorite things...for baby #4!

After pinning items | ideas and researching new items for baby #4 - helping make life easier and/or less expensive...here is my list for baby. I am really excited to get my hands on some of these items!



1. Infantino Squeeze Station


This item is really neat. These little fruit/food squeeze bags range from 98 cents to around $3 in most stores. The organic ones can be even more. I loved buying these for Morgan as we travel, go out, go shopping or just have a day out of the house. 

Not only can I create healthier versions (without all the junk) but this squeeze maker will save me a ton of $!




2. A Super Unique Birth Photo/Announcement


Not to be a total copycat...but...this is so super cute :) Being that this is our last baby...I think I may try something unique for baby shank this time. I want to say "I doubt I will get to this while in recovery" but ya never know! It's on my list.



3. Baby Bottle Gripper


It would be totally necessary to say that this item is a waste of money but I thought it was super cool and could help with motor skills earlier :) Plus...its green and cute. I think I will have just one!



4. Cloth Diapers


O.K. So I really thought about purchasing these with Morgan but after so much time went buy without the initial purchase, it would have been a waste to do so later. So, we skipped trying these with #3. Now that we are having our last kiddo, it probably still isn't worth the investment. But, I really want to try these out. I may buy just a few. I know over time, they can save lots of $. I really want to buy just a few and try these out with baby #4.




5. Boon Bottle Drying Rack


This has already been purchased but I wanted to include it within this list. Kale couldn't stand the collapsable racks I bought with Morgan. Not only were they not large enough to hold baby's stuff + my nursing stuff (so I bought 2) but they just weren't that great in Kale's mind. He wanted a cool looking rack with storage for anything and everything of size. He was tired of having to "place" items according to size on the previous racks. 

This was actually our first baby buy. Kale loves it even though he hasn't had the opportunity to use it yet.


#6 Baby Video Monitor


Again, with this being our last kiddo...this may not be worth the investment. I did, however, find one that was truly not crazy expensive that I loved. 

Kale and I live in (technically) a 3 story house. Between the laundry room (basement), first floor and second floor of house with baby being on the second floor, this bad boy will definitely keep us from having to run from basement all the way to second floor to check on baby shank. We get to simply carry the monitor with us wherever we go in the house. This will be a lifesaver!


#7 A Bapron



I pinned this 3 years ago and was planning on making a few for Morgan but never got around to it. I love the idea that this large apron/bib covers baby from neck to knees! Talk about a laundry lifesaver! I want to create a few for baby #4. I will have to get crafty...but hey...I love to sew.




#8 Smaller bedside Sleeper

We purchased a bedside sleeper for Morgan before she was born. Having to deliver through c-section, this makes life extremely easy while I recover. Baby gets to be right beside me for the 3 weeks I am in bed. Morgan's co-sleeper was huge. It was also expensive! In our experience, it was large, expensive and bulky. Too bulky. We also spent a ton of $ to only use it for a few short months. I found this alternative on Babies R Us website this past month and love it. It's sleek, serves my purpose while in recovery and is at a fraction of the cost!




#9 Washable Nursing Pads

Seriously? Were these around when I had Morgan? If so, I never would have purchased them. My idea with Morgan was convenience vs price. How awesome are these!! This will definitely save this mamma some mula and they are probably much more comfortable than the disposable ones (not as scratchy). I've also already purchased a few boxes but wish to have a small arsenal before baby #4 arrives.


#10 This. Onesie.






I'm pretty sure I could create this myself. I might even take the leap and try. I'm not sure if this can be purchased from Etsy...but either way..baby #4 will have one!!

being a photog...I have. to. have. this!



#11 A Boba Wrap


With a nearly 3 year old in tow everywhere I go (hey that rhymed!) I must be resourceful here. I think this would really help me when it comes to shopping with Morgan and baby. I can't wait to buy one of these. I've never owned or used a wrap before so this might get interesting.


That's about it. These are some of my favorite things! Now...to execute my plan on 
owning | using | creating!


~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished