Friday, August 1, 2014

Home Projects { 2014 }


Before Baby Arrives List 

I am not sure what my deal is...but...I have a thing about crunching a million projects into the few short months before I have a baby!

It's actually comical now that I am doing it again - AND realizing it this time :)

Our home is definitely lived in. We have a ton of repairs, remodels, painting and sewing to do.

The official list of things we KNOW we can take care of before we have an infant in the house...



Remodeling Colten's Bedroom

Now that Colten is a pre-teen, his room was in need of a BIG change. While he was gone with his dad in Texas, his room quickly became the storage room! It was full of all of my sewing stuff, newborn props for my business, filing cabinet, storage boxes and all sorts of miscellaneous items. The dogs also got put in this room quite a bit..hence the stains...

We have decided to go full remodel on this bedroom.

We knew this was coming. This was a big deal. Colten...12 years old? Wowza!


We cleaned out his room completely. Now to get started on the demo. We seriously can't wait to start this long and over due remodel.


Wall Repairs -

We have an OLD home. Full of plaster walls. I really really dislike plaster. But, unfortunately, it would be a ton of work and way too expensive to tear out the plaster and switch all the walls to drywall. Secretly, if I could I would. So, what do we have? Tons of cracks...a few holes by our 8 year old...our home is in great need of some wall repairs!

A FEW OF OUR OBVIOUS REPAIRS:

ugh! Plaster....

Started but never finished.

Fresh Paint -

Up until around a year ago, I would use the leftover paint from when the contractors painted our home. It's gone. I used every last bit of it painting here and there and covering fingerprints. Our home is also in need of a fresh paint job! I really can't wait to have a new fresh color up on the walls!

Obviously...someone...colored on our walls. Thankfully it was done behind the kitchen table so it's been concealed since our little artist decided to color us a wall mural :)




And believe it or not - this was the paint I chose while pregnant with Morgan. I stopped the project because I absolutely hated the way the satin paint looked on our walls. We never got around to choosing a new color or using the same color with a different sheen.





Ladybug and Little Man -

They will be sharing the same room. My newest task now that we know baby Shank's gender is to remodel Morgan's room to suite both genders. I have tons of ideas and thankfully was able to connect with my sister in law from Ohio about the material I could use for bedding and curtains. She gave me a few sites to search through and I found one I just fell in love with!

BEFORE:


All girl right here! The goal: to have a gender neutral or color/pattern coordinating theme that suites both kids. We also have the task of getting Morgan to sleep in a toddler bed :) 


I can't wait to get these projects underway! I'm thrilled to have a new looking home with fresh paint , remodeled teen room and a combined nursery for Little Man and Morgan!


~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished