Monday, August 25, 2014

Downtown Dells {Wisconsin Dells Vacation}



During our vacation and the day we left to go home, we decided take a trip to the Downtown part of Wisconsin Dells. This place was pretty amazing. The "downtown" strip was full of fudge/candy stores, restaurants, t-shirt and gift shops and tons more. It was like a pregnant woman's dream strip (food wise).


The first trip we took downtown was to visit and view. Kale and I were also desperately wanting to visit Cheesecake Heaven. Yes. We. Love. Cheesecake.


We decided at nearly $6 a piece, that Reeses Peanut Butter Cup would work for us both. Oh boy, its a good thing we decided to share a slice. Two bites and we were both sick with creamy cheesecake goodness.


Old Town Charm


My boys were especially intrigued with this particular t-shirt "Mom..I want this shirt!" ME: " um...NO" But I did snap a pic of this crazy shirt for my own amusement.

We purchased enough candy at this shop to put everyone in both Condos into a sugar induced coma for a week!

Guitar Player collecting donations




Of all the fudge shops, this one really caught my nose! It smelled amazing! Walking down the strip we could smell the candy being made.




Eating up all of our fudge and chocolate covered goodies









We enjoyed eating at Mac's. This little place was a macaroni lovers paradise. They served macaroni and cheese in 15 different combinations. It was actually difficult to make the decision on which "mac" we wanted to try!




I ordered the pulled pork mac


Kale ordered the lime chicken mac

Morgan, Colten and Tyler just wanted cheesy mac




All in one day...we bought 3 pounds of candy + fudge + chocolate coated goodies + I wasn't leaving without eating a fresh caramel covered apple. I was in love :) Not only was this a homemade fudge shop BUT everything was so fresh...the caramel melted off the apple in my mouth. It was absolutely amazing.

The second day we visited, I knew I was getting funnel cake. Absolutely craving this when I saw it during our first trip.

 These funnel cakes were divine. Fresh. Soft and warm. Powder sugar coated goodness. 




We also did a little gift shopping while we were down there. I purchased a Dells t-shirt, a Dells bear stuffed doll for Morgan and Kale bought himself a new coffee mug.

Morgan fell in love with this pink elephant. She actually didn't want to get off. So, we let her "ride" the elephant and snapped a few pics.



If we ever come back to the Dells, we are definitely going to visit downtown again for some amazing food and treats.




~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished