Thursday, August 28, 2014

Before Baby Arrives {parents only day}


We are at 9 weeks left and counting down before little baby shank makes his way into the new world!!! Yes, I'm only 30 weeks pregnant but baby shank will arrive a week early by c-section.

I have to show off the bump!

30 weeks with baby shank 



I had originally planned a full on 2 day baby moon (I believe that's what most call it) with just Kale and I. We were to spend 2 days in Indianapolis, wine and dine minus the wine at some of the local spots I found, and shop for our little ones at the outlets mall. But, things always come up especially when you have a family of 5.

So we opted for a local one day parents get-a-way instead. 




I always want to shop...but don't always get the opportunity. So, I did some shopping. Meanwhile, Kale is wanting to try out some new places in town we've never been. I always LOVE to go to new places!! New environment, New food and you never know what you will get!


First stop: Zuki.

This is my favorite sushi restaurant in town and I was sort of craving some good sushi. While it is definitely not a new place to us, I begged him to take me for dinner before we went galavanting through town to the new places he had chosen for us. Their downtown location just opened so we wanted to see what they did with the old bank...they did fantastic :) Loved it!


Of course the only photo I snapped, kale was giving me "that look" of "please don't take a photo of me"


And the back story from this photo... This would be a small mound of wasabi. All of us parents know the movie Cars 2 right...


So, Kale likes to humor me. Any which way he can. I'm finishing up my food and I look up at Kale to see that he has wasabi on the end of his chop sticks. He cocks his head to the side, makes a silly face and then loudly enough for others to hear he says: IN HIS MATER VOICE

"DO NOT eat the FREE pistachio ICE CREAM.... IT HAS TURNED...."

I immediately bust out laughing so hard I almost peed myself!!! Seriously Kale. 


LOVE his humor. 



We walked the strip downtown a bit and then decided on our next stop. Ri Ra's Irish Pub. We've never been and have booked the upstairs for our wedding reception. We figured now would be a good time to go, check out this local hot spot and try some of the food.

Kale sample tasted a few different whiskey's and by this time we were hungry again. So, we ordered some of their famous potato cakes.



The potato cakes came out and of COURSE being PREGNANT..I took one look...absent minded that this WAS NOT a dessert...and said:

"Oh my gosh...is that chocolate????!!!!" I swiped some with my finger and stuck it in my mouth. NOPE!! Was I surprised when it tasted TERRIBLE. TERRIBLE only because I was expecting chocolate!

It was balsamic reduction sauce. seriously preggo? seriously? Kale was rolling! At least we made each other pee our pants in the same night :)

WOW. I am definitely suffering from this pregnancy. It has taken over my brain.



Our last stop was Deerheads sidewalk bar and cafe. I love this place and Kale had never been so this was a treat for us both.

We got lucky and it was a night when they contracted a band to play. These gals were the "Honey Vines". They were pretty excellent. I sang along and had a wonderful time. We spotted a drunk chic and had a few good laughs..sang along to some of the songs and finally made our way home.

What a fun date day. I definitely enjoyed it and was really surprised with our new local spot finds. 


The countdown is on.

I'm so glad we were able to enjoy a date day, eat great food, have fun times and great laughs. We both already know when this little one arrives...life...will... be... hectic to say the least :)


~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished