Friday, November 27, 2015

Week 5

The house is coming along great. We've made a ton of final decisions regarding trim, paint colors, details regarding faux fireplace and much more.

The idea I gave the contractors:

Trim Idea


The doors I want installed throughout home

Lovely Paint Colors! It's time for some color! I took away the color far left though. Way too dark.


We have no ETA on our cabinets and if we don't get one here soon we will be at another stand still.

We've already hit one stand-still with mud on the drywall. We had no heat on at the house and the mud wouldn't dry. Too humid? Too wet and rainy? Not sure. So we scheduled for our heat (gas heat) to be turned on and that didn't happen until 4 days later. Finally last Friday they came on out and hooked us up.

Now the mud is dry and they were able to lay the second coat on. Sanding is going on today and paint will be mixed this weekend!!! And we are stoked.

Other projects are coming along smoothly too! They keep teasing us about painting ourselves...NO! You couldn't pay me to paint a house again. I think Kale would agree!











I had to go to the house yesterday to tell our contractor what color and where we wanted that color. I REALLY hope my decisions will look good. As I mentioned before, I'm definitely no interior designer and everything I got came from pinterest. I just guessed and chose what color and where.

He wrote the notes on the paper I printed out and told me NO CHANGES! Ha. I've made way too many I suppose :) He gave me 24 hrs to make changes and that's it. I decided NOT to think about it at all. I know I will love it.


We are excited but at the same time, we didn't think things would take so long. So, we are just keeping our fingers crossed that things run smoothly and we can move in sooner than later. We are guessing we won't be in our new home before we leave out for our renewal followed by Christmas Vacation. We won't return until after the new year so...We are thankful and grateful anyway!


~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished