Friday, April 22, 2016

Our Renewal Wedding


5 years is a long time to wait to have a wedding...a real wedding. We are SO glad we waited. The day was absolutely perfect. It couldn't have been more perfect. I was a little sad a few members of the family couldn't be there. Kale too. But we are thankful for our blog so that we can share our special day with loved ones.

I'm about to turn into a wedding photographer below. Mostly for memories sake. This is a long post and are only sharing our favorite images from the day. We are so grateful for our photographer. She is truly amazing!  We love her!

West Baden Springs Hotel will always have a special place in our hearts. The night I graduated, Kale asked me to marry him. We were engaged on a balcony and it was amazing. How did I get so lucky? 

We decided on a private ceremony so that we could go all out on everything that truly mattered. The venue. The Cake. The make-up and hair. THE SHOES! The DRESS was perfect. Everything was SO incredibly special and we got to "remarry" each other in one of the most amazing venues here in Indiana.  The most important part? Our vows. We chose to write our own vows this time around. We made it count. It was meaningful. Heartfelt. Tear-jerking. Romantic. AND funny!

We are so truly blessed beyond measure that this day was and will be one of the most special days of our lives.

This is the first time we've shared our pics. We are so excited to put together this post. Happy 5 years!



December 16, 2015

Venue: West Baden, French Lick Indiana
Reception: Table One
Cake: Sinclair's 
Photographer: Rachel Mathew Photography
Florals: Carey'd Away Weddings
Make-Up: Kana Brown @ The Beauty Room
Hair: Hannah Williams
Dress: Blush by Hayley Paige  @ House of White
Shoes: Badgley Mischka's
Tux : Vera Wang
















The story behind the "THOR" cufflink...and try to keep your head out of the gutter :)

So when Kale and I first moved in together we went double on our cell phones. {he added me to his plan}. I had his name in my phone as Kale. So one day he changed it to Babe. My phone rang and I just started laughing.  He did it obviously behind my back to make me laugh. It worked and it sparked up a convo :) Well, a while later he did it again. Of course, without my knowledge. So my phone rings and now instead of seeing Kale it said Sexy Beast. I about died I was laughing SO HARD. And again, I called him at work laughing. It was cute. He's made a little thing out of changing his name on my phone. So, again Kale snatches my phone without my knowledge not long after we all watched Avengers together. He teased a little about Thor and how he could definitely pick up his hammer. Colten teased about how he couldn't and it was just cute. It was a Thor thing ya know. Plus...come on!! Ladies. It's THOR! So, my phone rang one morning and I look down at my phone. OF COURSE it says that "THOR" is calling me! That was definitely the cutest thing EVER! So as a surprise gift I found THOR cuff links. The reaction below is hilarious. Gosh I love this guy!






































We decided to write our own vows after the prayers and advice from the pastor. This was especially important to me so that I could make some amends and Kale would promise his love to me, again. No one is perfect. But when we try, are faithful and continuously forgive so we can give strength to each other. For our children. For ourselves. This was a very special day. Celebrating 5 years of marriage. Believe me, there was a lot to say :) Of course Kale's was short, sweet and romantic. Mine was a tad bit longer. Of course.























If you know Kale...you get it! You just get it! FOOTBALL. In a wedding gown? Sure! Hut Hut...







Dinner/Reception. AMAZING. I personally chose Table One because of its decor, elegance and of course the food. Sometimes, it isn't about this. But today...it SO was. I got to dine in one of the venues I've been dying to see. Dying to taste. It was my little dream. Frosted windows for privacy, or not. We could see the kitchen with a flip of a switch. Chandelier Balls that were gorgeous. Versace dinnerware. This place was even more amazing than the photos I viewed online. We got to eat a 5 course meal that was to die for. I had this place on my list for a while. Located inside in a private section of Sinclair's. I am so so so glad I chose this place.


















Happy 5 Years. Happy 5 Years to us. 



~ Our Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished