Thursday, September 29, 2011

Feeding the Ducks

As a family of four our lives get pretty hectic. We have our usual routine during the school week. Usually when the boys get out of school, it's to the kitchen table for homework. Then we all have a snack. Usually there is a movie or the wii before Kale gets home. Then it's the usual routine again. Eating, bathing, teeth-brushing and time for a little play before bed.

Yesterday was different. I had some extra energy for the kids. I was cleaning out our pantry because I had just hit up the grocery store. I found some extra bread that was a week or two old. I didn't want to just throw it away so I decided to take the boys to the park to feed the ducks with all this leftover bread ( regular bread, hot dog buns, and hamburger buns) that we hadn't used last week. This would be fun and it would give me the opportunity to get some pics of the boys.

So we head down to the park. There is a pretty decent number of geese off to the left and a smaller number of ducks off to the right. For the boys sake, I skip the HUGE geese and tell them to go feed the cute little ducks.

So they do and it was a little more than my little man Tyler could handle...









Tyler is excited to feed the ducks



The kids get their bags of bread out ( that little girl is our neighbors kid, Taylor)



The ducks are eating this up! Ducks are at a safe distance...



The kids reaching for more bread trying to satisfy all of these ducks...



Taylor and Colten are having a blast. Tyler gets a little panicky..



I see the fear come across Tyler's face as all the kids start walking backwards. Tyler asked me if the ducks bite? I tell him no they just want to eat the bread. Out of no-where these huge white ducks come along. Colten screams and tells Tyler that the white ducks will chase and bite you. I thought oh no here we go!


Taylor is smart. She starts walking off up the hill after hearing what Colten said about the ducks. I told Tyler that if he is scared to get all the bread out and throw it at the ducks. Then he can go ahead and run to the car.


He didn't listen. Those white ducks got closer....


And closer...



And I think I have had enough of a laugh as the crazy mom that I am..."Run Tyler" I keep yelling. These ducks are relentless! There were too many ducks to satisfy! They all came running toward the kids. Finally my 5 year old listens and heads up the hill. As preggo as I am I can't really run. 





And of course, the Man with the Master plan as usual still feeding the ducks with a smirk on his face. I believe when I was younger my brother did the same things to me. Of course when I saw Tyler crying and Colten still grinning I had to laugh!

Wow. I do not believe Tyler will want to go feed the ducks anytime soon! Poor guy. I felt so bad for him. He finally got over it and we all went and played at the park. 


What a day this turned out to be! 





1 comment :

  1. This is cute Sharin!! We feed the ducks when we're in South Haven but they are in the lake with a wall between us and the ducks. I'll have to start saving my old bread for the boys.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished