Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ladybug's First Bed

 I went to buy our little girl her crib last Sunday. For about 3 months I have had my eyes set on a really cute crib Kale and I picked out at Baby Depot.

Here's the crib I had originally chose for Ladybug:




Well, I went back  to buy this crib and they didn't have it anymore. I was so bummed! I really really wanted this crib! So, I called Kale of course and just wanted to cry! He suggested I go to babies-r-us and look for a new crib.

So, I did and saw about 4 cribs that I liked. It was hard for me to make up my mind. I sat in almost every glider rocker they had trying to choose a new crib. I almost cried once. Then I realized I was in public and figured I'd better hold back the tears. 

I emailed Kale the pictures from my cell. As usual, our taste was the same. He actually liked the crib that I liked without me saying anything. I confirmed with Kale that we were talking about the same crib and we were. I went ahead and bought the crib. It's amazing what kind of money goes into having a new baby! (Like I didn't already know.) This crib was double the cost but with baby on the way soon and many sewing projects ahead of me, I couldn't waste anymore time.

I am excited because now I get to put all the material I bought for her room to good use. Over this next few weeks (after the crib arrives) I will be sewing up a storm. I have purchased enough material to make our Ladybug a crib skirt, crib bumper, and quilt for her crib. I'm excited and can't wait to get started.

The next post about this crib will be Kale putting it together. This should be funny and interesting!

Here is Ladybug's new bed :



The crib is here now: this post was saved a week ago. I really need to quite procrastinating and just post these when I write them!


The crib actually came in the night before my birthday ( last Friday). So when we ran to the store to pick the crib up it happened to be the day of my birthday (yesterday). I was so excited! I honestly {even though it was my birthday} cared more about picking up this crib than I did anything else.

1 comment :

  1. I love it!! It's adorable and all of the bedding will look so cute on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished