Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's Official and a walk down memory lane

Wednesday September 14, 2011

Today was the BIG day! Court was at 10:30am. I think we were both nervous even though we didn't come out and say it.


Mommy's thoughts:

Wow. Is it really today?
I'm excited for Kale and for Tyler.
Tyler will officially be a Shank
I am so excited!

Kale's thoughts:

I'm Happy
I'm glad that it is over
I'm happy that Tyler is my son on paper and at home

We were both asked a few questions about our relationship/marriage and the biological fathers involvement with Tyler. Then the judge looked as if she was tearfully happy for us and granted the adoption. Immediately Kale and I both had tears filling our eyes as we turned in our chairs and gave each other a hug. It was such a memorable moment in both our lives. This day will never be forgotten.

The "in court" process only took about 10 minutes but cost us so much. Unbelievable! After today we will never have to deal/see/talk to the biological father ever again. The child support (which we will never see anyways) was dropped. Tyler is free.

I am overwhelmed with excitement, joy, love, and a sense of peace I never thought I would feel when it comes to this entire adoption case. I'm glad that this is finally over as well.

We will have official paperwork here in a few days. I can't wait!


Here is a little memorable recap of the Shank boys together!!

When Tyler and Kale met, Tyler had just turned 3.

TYLER AT 3 YEARS OLD WITH KALE


Playing in the boxes from our move into our first rental together:

                                         




 Cuddle time watching t.v.




Sharing the same best friend:



Helping Kale get the travel trailer ready for our stay at Burdette Park:




Chasing each other around the parking lot:




On their way to feed the ducks:




Posing for mommy:



Learning how to swim:





Falling asleep together after a long day at the pool:




Watching sports together:



TYLER TURNS 4:




Playing Race cars together:





Fishing Together:




Learning how to roller blade:






Always Snuggling:



Sharing some of daddy's cake:



Tyler Turns 5:



Fireworks together:




Their favorite place to grab a quick burger:



Playing at the park:




Posing for mommy again:



Words just can't describe the bond between two boys who were meant to be together!!

I thank the Lord for such a precious gift to our lives!
I love you Kale and everything you have turned out to be in my life and my children's lives!


We love you all!
Love,

The Shank Family













No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished