Saturday, October 22, 2011

Disposable vs Washable




O.K. So I have seen these weird looking diapers before. They are reusable diapers that you wash. My husband's sister uses them and I have a few friends that used them.

My initial thoughts:

Gross!
How do you wash them?
Do you have to shake the poo off?
Gross!

What I am thinking of now:

Can I save some money and sew inserts myself?

Money savings!!!

Yep. I was at a girls house the other day drilling her about these washable diapers. She said that from newborn to age 2 she would have spent at least a few thousand on disposable diapers.
So far her son is 18 months and she has spent about $600.00.

That's A LOT OF SAVINGS!!

So I guess today I will do some research and find out about these washable diapers. Check into the "good ones" and how to wash them.

This is weird for me. I have had two boys use disposable diapers. I have never used one before. I am a little grossed out thinking that I wash these in my washing machine as well. Then cleaning them off before washing them is also another stink for me. Kale thinks they might be a good idea. They are also bulky. So getting clothes on the baby...is this harder? Not sure. I am going to look into these crazy money saving diapers and see what I can come up with. Saving money is always a great thing. I want to be frugal but not sure if I want to be this frugal.

Any comments anyone? This would be so helpful..


Thanks

Mommy to Be!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished