Thursday, April 19, 2012

Happy Easter {#2}





As mentioned in our last post :

Kale put on a pretty great Easter for the kiddos. Morgan and mommy were sick so we stayed in bed most of the day.

Flew home from Florida Sunday morning. Got off plane and drove about 45 minutes. Arrived home around 9am.

When I walked through the front door my boys were watching cartoons and Kale was cooking a big Easter breakfast including pancakes. :) My favorite.

Everyone ate breakfast except mom. I headed upstairs and fell asleep sick to my tummy. Morgan too.

Every once in a while I was awake to hear everything going on.




They started out dying easter eggs. Messy! But the boys enjoyed themselves. This was daddy's set up. Of course. My coffee cups. My baking pan and my cooling rack! Where was I? Oh in bed unable to stop this... But what more could I ask for than a man who attempts to at least do his best.







Then Kale decided to hunt down cash. He stuffed the empty easter eggs full of money {instead of candy}. Every time one of the boys would find an easter egg I would hear them yell, "More money!!!!"









Then they found their easter baskets. These weren't like last years. But with Kale inspired shopping this was definitely top notch.





After lunch they decided to eat candy Kale purchased. When they all came to check up on me I told Kale that I wanted the boys to make a Pinterest inspired bird nest. I thought it would be fun and creative. He looked at me all funny as he usually does when I mention ANYTHING involving Pinterest.

The inspiration:

from pinterest

In the making:






The boys version:





Beautiful!!!!


With mommy and Morgan being sick...this turned out to be a great Easter! I am proud of Kale for handling the mommy duties alone. He did so great. I am also proud of my boys for being so well behaved on Easter.


To another great Easter as a Shank :)

{Easter Cards to follow}



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished