Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sharin's Career


For most of you who know me {Sharin - the main author of our family blog} knows I love to blog. I love getting a little crafty now and then. I LOVE photography. I love to sew for fun.

What also interests me?

The DESIGN elements of blogging.

Our new family header made by { me }!




I have made I dunno probably 30 million changes to my blogs look over this last year. I love designing what I can when I can. I could do this all day long!



I also had the pleasure of creating an entire blog look for my sister-in-law's blog:



Granted these aren't professsional. When I say professional I mean I don't have the skills, degree, or the software/programs to create the real deal.

They are pretty good considering the only programs I own are Picasa 3 to create anything for blogger. Picasa is free through google. And saying that I am an amateur. 

I recently had a comment from someone saying : well if I had photoshop like you....

I currently do not own any Adobe programs other than Lightroom 4. I have some trial versions I toy with but do not own any of them.

The program package is $2599.00 minimum that I will need and of course I wouldn't buy something like that for "fun".

now getting to the reason for this post:

I am currently considering getting my degree in Web Design & Interactive Media.

Why?

I do have a  passion fory for the posts themselves because I love blogging and love keeping our family up to date.  I am also absolutely intrigued with the way these templates are formed and how they look. I would give anything to be able to design just one with a professional program and the know-how.

I do plan on creating a career/business with this degree. I will possibly work under someone until I have enough experience to have my own business and name.

Kale and I are weighing our options now. We will have a decision made here shortly. Kale is the master mind behind our finances/savings/future and well being of the financial aspects as a family. He is the reason I am able to understand what it means to save/spend wisely/plan for our future and our kids future.

Spending this kind of money towards a degree like this is something he first thought wasn't profitable. As he looks into it further he is beginning to realize my vision. My passion. This is everywhere. Almost every business these days HAS a website.

This degree would be completely online. It is really expensive. I don't want to go to a land college for this especially having the 3 kids to care for. One reason it's so expensive.


I would like to have a career so that we can see more of daddy instead of him constantly working.

Over this last few years I have started realizing that nursing is just not my style. Daily I think, 'what is it that I will do with my life career wise?'

Daycare was an option. I do love my little daycare. The sweet babies. The time with Morgan. But my daughter will grow. My boys will move out. All my children will go to college. And I will be stuck with babies?

No.

Then I looked into Human Resources. But not really hitting that bell I was looking for.

I believe this is my calling. I am going to let go and trust the Lord with the passion he has given me in designing.

LOVE,
US



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished