Thursday, April 12, 2012

M&M Trip { FLORIDA } 2012



Morgan and Mommy decided to go on a little mommy/daughter trip. Where to? One of my all-time favorite places!

The Sunshine State

I did some fishing while Morgan hung out with her Grandma. Then on the last day before returning home we all decided to hit the beach. You can't go somewhere like Florida and NOT go to the beach!


We are "thinking" of starting a new Shank Family Tradition... Mommy/Daughter Trips and Father/Son trips. This isn't exactly in the works quiet yet but hopefully over this next year or two we will begin this small idea and put it into the works. 

We have always gone places as a FAMILY. But with hunting trips, fishing trips, girl get-a-ways and all that we have finally decided it's o.k. to go off without the others. We might only get to do this twice a year BUT anything is better than nothing!

Mommy and Morgan will take small trips alone. It will be our girl time together. Then, other times, Kale and the boys will go off as fathers and sons and enjoy some dirty man stuff together. Dirty = mud, deer, guns, trucks, 4 wheelers, etc. Ha Ha  and They Better stay out of trouble!!!

I think this is going to be fun planning and fun doing. 

This trip was for me. I needed to get out of this house. I've been kind of cooped up since pregnancy and really needed this. I am so thankful Kale agreed and so very thankful to have been able to go. This was a much needed mini vacation and I had a ton of fun!



Some Pics from Our Trip:


Little Miss Morgan's First Plane Ride


She did very well. She slept on the 45 minute ride to airport. When we got there she woke up and was sort of fussy. But the minute people noticed her they were in love. She ended up getting so much attention she stopped fussing.



When we got on the plane there were two teenage girls. I heard them giggling over Morgan. I looked over and asked them if they would like to hold her. They both just lit up with smiles. I sure did hand my little ham over. They were in LOVE. They even text their friends that were seated else where and LOL'd them saying they got the baby! I was very blessed with the gesture.




Soon after take-off my wee one fell asleep. The flight was really great at an hour and forty minutes. Not bad.


Almost immediately after arriving in Florida I went fishing. ANYONE who knows me knows it wouldn't have taken long to get my little butt out on a BOAT! 

We didn't have all the luck in the world but I did catch a beauty!



After fishing, visiting, napping, eating and family time we went to the beach on the last day we were there.


This was Morgan's First Trip to The Beach!!!



I thought she would cry... She did not. She actually was very quiet. I think she was wondering what this was. It was very cute. She just froze and started breathing heavily.




She's still rockin' that fluffy duck hair I LOVE










I'm not so artistic but for memories sake I took about 2 seconds to carve this into the sand :)







This trip was well worth taking with a 4 month old ( help excluded ). I didn't think it would be so easy but knew it would be exhausting.


Can't wait to go on another Mommy + Daughter Trip!

Next up are the boys...Where will they go? What will they do?

Whatever Kale plans I know will be fun and full of precious memories!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished