Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Their Own Plans



{ SUNDAY April 1 }


We seriously had one lazy day on Sunday. Kale and I both were catching up on rest. The boys started to get a little restless, needless to say, and decided to come up with their own plan.

I walk through the house to grab a bottle of water from the fridge and see Tyler standing in the hallway just as quiet as can be. I said, "Buddy, what are you doing"? He asked me if I knew where his bathing suit was. I said yeeessss. It's in your 3rd drawer. He said, "O.k. thanks mom". "Your welcome", I replied. Thinking nothing of it I continue on to get my bottle of water. On my way back to the family room I see Tyler standing in the hallway again. He is dressed in his bathing suit, swim shirt and flip flops. I just chuckled and asked him if he wanted to play in the water? He started nodding and said yes, yes, yes. "O.k. then", I replied.


2 seconds later Colten comes out of his room with the same attire. Smiling again I just started to chuckle. I knew they were being a little too quiet.

So we did hook them up with some water. And of course not 2 seconds into this they both hugged oneself and started shivering. Kale and I both at this point are telling them not to be sissy's. For what time we were outside was pretty good.













Colten turned into a spider monkey and a dog. Yes. You heard correctly. He decided he was going to jump over the water twisting his body in mid air. So we started calling him spider monkey.




Then he ran through the water on all fours like a dog.





After this he decided to show off for us and do push ups over the water! Seriously. Kale uses push ups as a discipline. You would think he hated push ups but nope. Only when he HAS to do them.






Kale sat around eating...Yes...one thing he does best. He asked me If I had ever told anyone about "THE BEAVER"? I said,  "yes I think I have told Beth". This is what Kale believes { that him doing this beaver face at me with his two front teeth } is what made me fall in love with him! HILARIOUS! So he sticks crackers in his mouth like a beaver to make me laugh. I laughed hard. This is ONE reason I love my husband...




And of course this little amateur photographer decided to get some pro-wanna-be shots. So I did. And they are good. Pretty Good. 





The boys got pooped out and laid down on the grass. So I took my chance and scored!








The boys feel accomplished - their master plan of playing in water

Kale feels accomplished - making me fall in love again by doing "The Beaver "

Morgan feels accomplished - she napped the entire time

and of course I feel accomplished - got some rad photos



Well I guess that wraps up Sunday for the Shanks



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished