Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy Birthday Beth


#35

My best friend turned 35 this last week. Everyone should know that Beth is about as family as it gets {friend wise}. She's my Best Friend {no I don't feel I'm too old to have a bestie}. She's goes through everything with me. I am so grateful to have a really great friend who supports me and is there for me. I value our friendship so much- also because she's the first true friend I've had in my sober life. For the longest time I said "no" to the whole friend thing because I was scared of friending someone from the same crowd I used to hang with. Now I know I'm alright! She means the world to me.





O.K. enough sappiness.

The surprise was killer and perfectly planned.

As much as I hate saying this...going behind her back and setting this up with her hubs was fun.

The secret week of planning...

My Secret trips to JoAnne Fabrics

Baking a cake with American Butter Cream Frosting {my first making this delicious frosting!!}

The getting her phone and calling all her friends {her hubs did this}

Lying to her and telling her I couldn't attend dinner cause I was going on a date with Kale

Showing up at Cancun in the nick-of-time

Sitting at dinner tables with about 25 other people - my camera ready to shoot at any moment

Yes It Was Worth It!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH!! SURPRISE #1:


{ Dinner at Cancun }





She REALLY had no idea!!




HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETH:: SURPRISE #2:

We got her really good the second time. This surprise was planned for a month at least.

Talking to her hubs behind her back

Figuring out ways to get her to let him leave {without being shocked to WHY he had to go to work on his day off}

Setting up a plan to meet at the jewelry store at a certain time

Our other friend Ashley wouldn't even talk to her in fear of spilling the BEANS

Me figuring out a way to have her meet me at a location

Lying...some more...

Oh the list was endless....


But we pulled it off. I pretended to not be able to drive after taking medication. I called her to ask her to come get me and take me home. Of course she was lounging around the house in a t-shirt and shorts. No make-up. Hair in a pony. It was priceless!

She pulled through as a great friend would. Came to my rescue. She met me within 20 minutes!

When she pulled up {where we planned this whole thing} at Starbucks parking lot - I played it cool.  Wondered the ENTIRE time how long I had to stall. Then out of nowhere comes her hubby and our two great friends Ashley and Simon. We all pulled out Pandora bags.

At first I thought oh my she's going to cry. Then she looked really MAD. Then she settled down and couldn't talk. Then looked mad again.

I thought we better run. Beth's going to kill us! I quickly apologized for lying to her!!!

Then the surprises came.



The photo I took as evidence!!! It was ALL Ashley and Simon!!!






This was a great Birthday for a dear friend. Her friendship means so much more than any jewelry BUT this was just the icing on the cake.

HAPPY 35TH TO THE BEST FRIEND A GIRL COULD HAVE!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished