Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012 {mom's night out}



 We never know the love of the parent until we become parents ourselves. ~Henry Ward Beecher


Happy Mother's Day 



This Mother's Day was excellent. 

My day was absolutely perfect. It couldn't have been more perfect!

I got to sleep in until around 10am. What a blessing in itself. My schedule is so hectic and most days I get very little sleep. So this was a wonderful treat in itself.

When I awoke...I had three beautiful children laying beside me. I just got teary eyed looking at my beautiful kiddos.{ I actually forgot it was Mother's Day} The boys started yelling, "Happy Mother's Day"..."Happy Mother's Day". It was overwhelming.



All of a sudden Kale gets this face on and he runs downstairs. He comes back up with a breakfast tray {cookie sheet}, homemade pancakes {from a box}, egg whites {for my figure lol} and coffee {just the way I like it}. 



I had a lovely display of roses {from my garden} and two cards. One from dad and one from the kids.



They were as sweet as could be.



Inside one of the Cards was a surprise. This surprise had to be redeemed by the end of the day. 

 I believed I was fully capable of redeeming THIS coupon!





Then the day began. We sat and talked. Hugged. Smiled. It was the perfect morning. No lie. I would definitely say if stuff was hitting the fan...like baby poo. But it wasn't.

Kale took care of the kids. I just sort of laid around being lazy for a change. This was nice.

Around 3 pm I started my Mother's Day Date. It was a WONDERFUL date. I got to choose everything and everywhere. No limits.

I also got to document my date with photos. This was my favorite part of this whole date.

My night went something like this.............

Kale had called our babysitter {of course in private} and set everything up {a week ago}. I had NO IDEA. So around 3:00 he told me to get ready I was going out! I was so excited! I haven't been on an actual date with my husband {no kids} since right before Morgan was born.




A Picture of Me with my Children on Mother's 
Day


my incredibly handsome an awesome hubby didn't change settings on camera. So...the picture stinks :) But what matters is the photo was of me and my children on Mother's Day!


then...

We treated the boys to Micky D's. After all...we couldn't leave them out of all the fun.



Then off to the sitter they went. This was the boys' second time with our new sitter {whom I LOVE to death } and Morgan's first time away from me in 4 months. She's only been with someone other than me once. It was my best friend Beth. So this was a little overwhelming for me. But I made it through. Kale made me get in the car and told me to quit babbling about Morgan's care routine.


Dinner...


My favorite Resturaunt. ZUKI. 




Kale even shared some sushi with me. I was really happy then.





Tattoo Parlor...

Yes. We got tattoos. This was my 4th and Kale's first. We walked in and let the artist do what he does best. Be an artist. He had us in and out within about an hour and twenty minutes. These tattoos were just a small symbol of our Love and our Marriage. We might regret this later. NOT!








with our wedding date 12-16-10


We jokingly told each other...have fun covering that up if you leave me :)


Some Extra Fun

We took our Family Photos here with our family photographer this past Saturday. While we were doing so we noticed a cool looking tree and bench. So we went back to that spot, set up our tripod and camera and got some cute pics together. Then we got a little crazy with it. Acted like fools and had a blast doing so. For a moment we remembered that we were young mature adults...this quickly faded away :)


Evansville Community College










Dessert




We hit up one of our favorite spots first only to find out they were closed :(



what a bummer {for Kale} he was having a banana cream pie snack attack!!

So we went to our other favorite dessert place...




TGI Fridays. We ordered the Brownie Obsession. So good. We fought with our spoons towards the end. Then had some coffee. Had a little chit chat. And ended our date with a HUGE hug of gratitude. For me...The blessing of 3 wonderful kids, an awesomely handsome husband, the financial means for dates like these, and the true blessing...the one that comes first....SOBRIETY. Without this...my date, my kids, my husband, my life wouldn't be possible.








This night was excellent. It couldn't have been better. 







The End


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished