Tuesday, July 19, 2011

#4 - Pick Out Paint Colors

Well, we finally chose paint colors for Ladybugs room yesterday. Has this task been accomplished? Not sure yet but we will update. We searched the internet for some baby girl room ideas and these are a few we came up with...



This room was by far my favorite. I would have maybe chose a toned down version of this wallpaper. Daddy said NO to wallpaper.



I really liked the way the white stood out from the paint color on the walls in this photo. The color on the walls is Benjamen Moore 'North Hampton Beige'. This color would look lovely with all of Ladybugs white furniture.



I am not too big on purple but I loved the flowers on the walls. This is an idea we could incorporate.



I also do not like the purple color on the walls but loved the garden take. This is also would be another idea we could incorporate. Kale likes the butterflies painted onto the wall.



Love Love Love the PINK! Ladybugs furniture will be all white just like in this photo. But not only would it be expensive, all of the patterns I like do not always coordinate with each other and the pink on the walls.



I absolutely love black checkered patterns. I always imagined this when and if I ever had a baby girl. Don't know if finding the right fabric is possible but I love pink on black anything. Daddy said no to wallpaper and having something like this put on the walls hand painted or what not just wouldn't be in budget. So, I also plan on using this photo to help decorate Ladybugs room. I also really like the cute framed letters. That's adorable.

Originally Kale and I chose three paint colors for ladybugs room.


Kale actually chose these colors at Lowes BEFORE we even knew it was a girl. Like I mentioned before, he knew all along it was a girl. I never once thought it was strange that we didn't pick out boy colors.

Anyways - We were going to use these three colors in the room. Bottom right for the walls just like in one of the photos above, Bottom left for the trim and the top right color for something else. I can't quite remember how it all went. Anyways. Then I became afraid that we would be overwhelmed with PINK. I want her room to be full of girly colors and patterns but the entire room to be PINK? I am just not sure.

We chose to finally purchase some paint yesterday. We went to Benjamen Moore and bought a sample of the North Hampton Beige. We figured this way her furniture would stand out from the paint color and the paint color is neutral enough to go with any pattern as far as decor went. So, I have sample painted her room this morning. The paint color we chose is the color on the walls in photo number 2. I am thinking I like it already. But before we proceed, daddy has to check it out. I might go today and get the dark pink color that is in the paint samples above and throw some on the walls. Ya never know. Ladybugs furniture is all white and I don't want the room to look stark. Owell, we have a lot of choices to make but will keep this post updated...




No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished