Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tyler's Adoption Update:

Most of you already know that Kale is adopting my (our) youngest son Tyler as his own. We have been playing a very long waiting game with this whole deal. The paperwork came a week ago for Kale and I to fill out together. It was the new Birth Certificate paperwork. YAY! This means we only have a few more steps and Tyler will officially be Tyler James Shank. Right now we are patiently waiting on a court date. When we go to court, the judge will address many questions with Kale and I and of course our attorney too. We have already been sent the adoption approval, the release for adoption signed by the biological father and the passed home study visit. So we patiently wait and wait and wait.

Kale becomes very anxious from time to time wanting me to constantly call our attorney and get updates. I always tell him that time is a factor in this adoption. But Kale, being the father of Tyler in every way, everyday, is getting to the point where he just wants to be able to legally sign Tyler as Tyler Shank.

As a mom, it's probably one of the most wonderful feelings in the world to be able to feel what I am feeling right now. A man who steps in for two children that aren't his own and taking on all the challenges of becoming a father. It was hard for Kale at first. There were a lot of ups and downs for both of us. Me recovering from my drug addiction and learning to be a mom again and at the same exact time, Kale stepping in the picture and becoming a father practically overnight.

Kale has done well and Tyler sure does call him daddy. It overwhelms me still when I hear my little one calling Kale daddy. It's the sweetest thing I hear all day long. "Daddy, what are you doing"? And Kale will reply in that soft gentle fatherly tone. I absolutely couldn't be happier knowing that the Lord sent Kale to us.

I thank the Lord above for everything he has provided for our family!

And of course a picture for this post is much needed. I came home to find my boys getting lots of one-on-one time and passing out doing so!! (this pic is about 8 months old but still - worth the captured moment)

How sweet is this!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished