Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ladybugs Room Decor - Fabric

Well after talking it over with daddy - Ladybug finally has her room decor fabric on the way. We were going to pick subtle colors for her nursery but with the walls being somewhat of a grayish tan we figured lets go all out and give her room some JAZZ! I visited Fabric.com and chose some fabric. These prints were actually on a coordinating fabric block and I just chose which ones I wanted to incorporate into Ladybugs room. Here is a small collage of the fabrics that will make up Ladybugs room:


Photobucket


There is lots of black, white and pink here. Kinda Scary.

Here's the breakdown of what I will be creating for my Ladybug:

1. Crib Skirt
2. Crib Bumper
3. Lamp Shades
4. Child Size Bean Bag
5. Curtains
6. Quilt
7. Recovering her Glider Rocker
8. Totes for Storage


I spent about $200.00 on fabric today. BUT...I have been viewing a lot of really nice crib bumper skirting sets with blanket/quilt and they range from $150 -$200 bucks a set! That's outrageous. At least this way we will have a whole room full of awesome fabric prints for the same cost of just one bedding set for Ladybug.


I feel I might have a LOT of sewing to do in the near future. I will have to post a pic of each item I create for Ladybug as I will be extremely proud to be able to say I did it! I have never made ANY of these items myself so this should be really fun and interesting. And thanks to a family member, if I run into any problems I can always consult her!!! I can't wait till this fabric arrives so I can get started!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished