Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Chenille Baby Burpees

Chenille Baby Burpees
I found this project on the internet. Since I am having a little girl, I figured what better than to have a few make it yourself and oh soooo cute baby burpees.

First, Hit up the fabric store and purchase some pretty chenille and coordinating cotton fabric:

Photobucket


For this project you will need the following supplies:
1.5  yards of chenille fabric
1.5 yards of cotton fabric
Scissors
Measuring tape
sewing pins
Coordinating thread
Sewing machine

Note: the amount of fabric I chose makes 6 baby burpees

Note: Pre-wash your fabric before starting your project.


Photobucket


After washing and drying your fabric, trim off any excess material/threads.


Photobucket

Now you will want to cut your fabric. I chose to lay the  fabric one on top of the other than cut the fabric together. I chose to do the measuring by deciding the coverage I wanted each burpee to be. I like a wide long burpee. The size I chose to go with was 9"x18". This allows me to have the 1/2 in. seam allowance giving me a burpee that measures 8"x17" when finished.


Photobucket

Next, you need to pin your fabric together. Do this by laying the fabric on top of each other...( pattern and chenille facing each other)  Then pin around 3 edges.


Photobucket


Sew with a simple stitch all 3 sides. When you are finished sewing, cut off excess material leaving about 1/4 inch along outside of stitching. When done, flip your burpee right side out.


Photobucket


Top stitch around all 4 sides of burpee. Cut off any excess material from the open end of the burpee that you just sealed.

Photobucket

Your all done with this project. A little time-consuming but not bad. Now you have adorable chenille baby burpees for your kids or as a gift!! Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished