Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ladybugs Room Decor on a Budget: THE PLAN

I really sometimes wish I had all the money in the WORLD! To create a beautiful room for Ladybug would be so much easier but probably NO FUN! So I have put together some photos of  "Ladybug" appropriate decor I found all over the Internet (O.K. Mostly Pottery Barn Kids My Favorite Site):

Some items I plan on making myself or with the help of a crafty family member:



Wrought Iron with glass accents: Decorative Pendants
$24-$29 each PotteryBarnKids.com

I cannot make these myself but I have asked a family member to create them for me then I will add on the glass pendants.


I really like the frames behind the butterflies. I couldn't find them priced but making these sure would be fun.
The butterflies are also so adorable. I could also attempt to create these myself.
PotteryBarnKids.com  Small Butterfly $24.00 Large Butterfly $39.00



Ladybug Pick #1


Silver Leaf Oval First Year Frame
$62.00 PotteryBarnKids.com


My Awesome Find:

First Year Frame JoAnne Fabrics @ 40% off
$17.96


Ladybug Pick #2


Polka Dot Curtains from PotteryBarnKids.com in Green
$69 per panel which is about $25.84 a yard

Polka Dot Panel in Pink


My Awesome Find:


Polka Dot Fabric from JoAnn Fabrics in Green
$6.99 per yard

And in Pink!!

Price Per Yard Difference:  $18.85

Pottery Barn Kids Cost Per Panel: $69.00
My Do It Yourself Cost for each Panel: $18.67

 


Ladybug Pick #3


Small Lamp from PotteryBarnKids.com
$49.00

Large Lamp from PotteryBarnKids.com
Base: $154.00  Lamp Shade: $29.99


My Awesome Find:


Lamps that I pulled from the attic!! We bought these a little while ago and decided when we purchased new couches we would also purchase new lamps. These lamps are at my disposal.
Cost for lamp bases: FREE$$$

Self Adhesive Lamp Shades from JoAnn Fabrics
$4.99-$18.99 assorted sizes
I would simply pick out material and cover!!


Ladybug Pick # 4


Metal Clip for Curtains from PotteryBarnKids.com
$22.00 Set of 10

My Awesome Find:

Metal Clips from JoAnn Fabrics
$9.99 Set of 10


Ladybug Pick #5

Keepsake Boxes from PotteryBarnKids.com
$29.99


My Awesome Find:

Keepsake Boxes from JoAnn Fabrics
$1.99 on sale

I could cover these easily with Fabric and Fabric Glue! These would be so cute made with some of the same fabric I have chose for her room!
Even though these items are NOT necessities I am really hoping to save up the extra cash to execute these plans and share the end result with you!


Tyler and Colten's bedroom was also planned using mostly Pottery Barn Kids Room Ideas.
We are still working on their rooms as well and hope to finish soon (before ladybug arrives) and update that post as well!


We love you all. More to come

The Shank Family























No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished