Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Christmas Craftiness { part 2 }


I have had a long list of crafts I have been wanting to try out for Morgan. Since she is a GIRL I knew I could incorporate my love of sewing and gift giving to her. I'm not crafty enough to sew for boys or to do a lot but an apron was definitely something I knew I could pull off.

With the extra time on my hands after having Ryker {I can only clean and organize my home so many times} I decided this year was the perfect time to make her her very own apron. It was appropriate for her age. She loves dressing up. I just knew she would love it.

So we headed to JoAnne's and picked out some fabric. The fabric choices were adorable. Morgan loved it and so did I :)



After I started cutting {making apron without a pattern} I realized this was a little harder than I imagined it would be. I used two different ideas and neither of them were actually simple enough for me. I can sew a square. No seriously. A square. So pulling off a rounded bottom would have led to a catastrophe and I was limited on time. I knew I could do ruffles. I also knew I could sew a square pocket. But seriously...a rounded out pocket HA. Not going to happen :)

The pinspiration:

cute little apron from sew-much-ado

and
I used another pin for connecting the apron to the piece of fabric at the top but I couldn't find it. So until I do...

So I took my time and eased myself into this apron. I actually ended up making not one but two. The second one is still being crafted at this moment in time but I will definitely post the result later :)

So, after 2 long weeks of procrastinating, sewing, getting tired, procrastinating and sewing some more - here is our little square apron!





Cute right?!

I'm kind of proud yes. Morgan loves it and wears it in her underwear, half-dressed,  and sometimes if we are lucky...over clothes that she already has on!




~ The Shank Family

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Get Polished